IPad 2 A1395 compatible with dji app version 3

Reaction score
I searched hard for compatibility of Ipad 2 with Dji go app and on the list of compatibles I found it and read here that it was.
I can't get it to download with the "Error that it is not compatible with my Ipad". Did I miss something? Or am i wrong in my conclusion.

I searched hard for compatibility of Ipad 2 with Dji go app and on the list of compatibles I found it and read here that it was.
I can't get it to download with the "Error that it is not compatible with my Ipad". Did I miss something? Or am i wrong in my conclusion.
I think that the iPad 2 is about 2 years older than the oldest compatible device. The Air 2 and in a pinch the Mini 2 could barely work, but not an iPad 2. That one still has the 30 pin connector if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
If I may throw in my 2 cents worth? I have a compatible I Pad Air. If I were to buy another tablet to go with my P4P it would be Android. The Apple does not allow you to cash maps, I understand the Android does. being able to cash maps would be a huge advantage for me as wifi signal is quite limited where I live.

• Sad
The Apple does not allow you to cash maps, I understand the Android does.
Caching maps can be done and is routinely done with both Android and Apple devices.

iPad 2 mini works, but not real well. It’s processor speed is not as fast as it needs to be. You’ll have Video lag and image pixelation.

I want again thank everyone who responded. I think I failed to give complete info by not clearly state that I had a model A 1395 Ipad with the 30 pin connector.

I am beginning to understand that there is a lot more going on under the Hood with Litchi and DJI Go.

It is so much more than a simple display device and how critical it is to have a Device that is able to deal with the complexity of what we are doing with these aircraft.

After 3 weeks of rain and a snow storm here in Victoria, British Colombia I was able to try my first P3 Pro w/ DJI Waypoint Mission using my S8 Note Phone.

it only had 4 Waypoints over a 200 foot rectangle but I was nervous as hell
but it did exactly what it was supposed to do.

I have Litchi too but the AC didn't activate when I hit the Start Arrow. Im sure that it was Pilot error because the mission I saved with Litchi and loaded in DJI ran fine.

I still am not sure which Ipad or Android Device (that I can afford) is best.

I do know that I would be a lot more comfortable if I had a big enough display that I can see with .

Thanks again for all your feedback.

Reactions: KachemakDiver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues