IOSD MINI issues

Reaction score
I just switched my H3-3d Gimbal out for a new one on my Phantom 2 and when I tested it the OSD it seemed fine. I did a flight and it only worked for 15 seconds and then no OSD and then 5 min later no video. I checked all the wiring and finally tried a new hub. The new hub worked again for 15 seconds of OSD and then same thing no more OSD. If I move the tiny switch at the bottom of the hub to "vid" I atleast get video but no OSD. Plus I have no lights on the mini OSD. any suggestions?

Thanks

I just switched my H3-3d Gimbal out for a new one on my Phantom 2 and when I tested it the OSD it seemed fine. I did a flight and it only worked for 15 seconds and then no OSD and then 5 min later no video. I checked all the wiring and finally tried a new hub. The new hub worked again for 15 seconds of OSD and then same thing no more OSD. If I move the tiny switch at the bottom of the hub to "vid" I atleast get video but no OSD. Plus I have no lights on the mini OSD. any suggestions?

Thanks

Send a photo of the hub to see if it is wired correctly.

Send a photo of the hub to see if it is wired correctly.
hub.jpg

Here is the hub

I'm not the guy with the answer, but 15 seconds sounds like just enough time for something to get too hot and ... :(

I'm not the guy with the answer, but 15 seconds sounds like just enough time for something to get too hot and ... :(
Yes
My thoughts too but the only cable I unplugged from the previous 300 flights was the one to the old gimbal that got plugged into the new gimbal

Yes
My thoughts too but the only cable I unplugged from the previous 300 flights was the one to the old gimbal that got plugged into the new gimbal

Same make and model gimbal?

Hey kenai, I really am not the answer man on this subject. I would love to see some pics or videos if you are anywhere near Kenai. I have always enjoyed my visits.

Last edited:
Look I really hate having to drag information from anyone as to what equipment they have but in order to help it is necessary.
1) Which GoPro camera are you using? Please be pacific as to which model
hero 3/3+/4 white,silver or black.
2) Are you trying to take photos as well as video while flying?
3) Do you have the latest firmware loaded in the camera?

Last edited:
Look I really hate having to drag information from anyone as to what equipment they have but in order to help it is necessary.
1) Which GoPro camera are you using? Please be pacific as to which model
hero 3/3+/4 white,silver or black.
2) Are you trying to take photos as well as video while flying?
3) Do you have the latest firmware loaded in the camera?
It is a flysight transmitter with a go pro 3+ ( I tried my gopro 4 as well)
Just doing video only while flying.

I was thinking of changing out the anti interference board but I am not sure if that would make any difference

It is a flysight transmitter with a go pro 3+ ( I tried my gopro 4 as well)
Just doing video only while flying.

I was thinking of changing out the anti interference board but I am not sure if that would make any difference

Let's make sure the GP 3+ works. First go into the cameras menu then to setup and make sure it's set to video only also check that it's in PAL.

Next take the camera off the P2 set it on a table turn it on and let it record for about 5 minutes. Then go to your computer and plug the camera into the USB port and playback that footage directly from the camera. If it plays back there nothing wrong with the cameras USB.

There is only one other possibility left and that would be an intermittent loss of power to to both the iOSD and TX. There is a schematic on page 2 of the following link that show L2 (1uH) which supplies the cameras power it under the gray wire in the photo. That component could be intermittent causing the problems either from a cold solder connection or one of the end caps were damage when installed. Probably the best solution would be to send it into a repair center.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/one-of-my-mainboard-diodes-burned-down-help-pls.13510/#p280932

Last edited:
Good link Jason :)

Last edited:
Thanks

I know the video works as I did 6 flights with it today and it recorded fine. I just flip the hub to vid and it allows me to get video and record it. If I switch the hub to osd I get no video or osd

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31