IOSD mini Install Phantom 2 not working

Reaction score
Hi All,
I need some help,Im having a problem with new Phantom2,everything is up to date "firmware".before powering up If I unplug the IOSD mini,boot up plug back in phantom 2 works fine.Power cycle with IOSD mini plugged in no LED's controller does not bind gimbal does not work.I swapped ISOD mini from another phantom same issue?? Any ideas??

Thank you!

How do you have your IOSD mini wired? The only way an IOSD mini can keep a Phantom from initializing is if can bus is plugged in wrong. Have any pics of wiring and install?

ViewAlbum.asp

Sorry for the delay I just got home.

Thank you for responding

EMCSQUAR said:
How do you have your IOSD mini wired? The only way an IOSD mini can keep a Phantom from initializing is if can bus is plugged in wrong. Have any pics of wiring and install?

Unfortunately that is clearly no longer true with this upgrade. Mine went from working perfectly to displaying this failure mode in the space of 2 minutes - the time it took to do the P330CB upgrade and power cycle.

Hey guys , i am having the same exact problem. I am actually thinking about removing it totally. Glad to hear i am not alone and i dont have to replace the mini. Received my phantom 2 since Friday and i am pissed and fustrated, mind you that i had to trouble shoot like crazy to figure out what was the problem...
Would love to hear who has resolved this..
Thanks guys

I also forget to mention that this also caused a battery error " NOT SMART BATTERY"

groundcontro5150 said:
Hi Sar104,
sar104 said:
EMCSQUAR said:

What happens if we flip the plug"BAD"?

No idea, probably not good, but a moot point anyway - the iOS Mini CAN bus connector will not fit if you try to flip it.

groundcontro5150 said:
Hi Benjamin,
I swapped mini's that's not it.I wouldn't do that yet.

Thanks bro.. I am actually working on this now..
I just scraped everything and installed the DJI hub which i was trying to avoid and the issue is still the same. So we getting somewhere... Eliminating the possible! :geek:

benjamin said:
groundcontro5150 said:
Hi Benjamin,

I just scraped everything and installed the DJI hub which i was trying to avoid and the issue is still the same. So we getting somewhere... Eliminating the possible! :geek:

Just curious - what, exactly, are you hoping to figure out here? It's broken. It needs a firmware fix.

I AGREE! :) I just sent one back Last week for erratic behavior and could not believe I received another lemon.I thought it might have been something I did.Usually on other builds it was something I missed.In fact it's so gratifying to figure it out when you spend so much time on it.

Thanks for you help SIR!

Re: P330CB Firmware Update to Version 1.0.1.30
Unread postby gunslinger » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:23 am

Hemar174 wrote:
i have a phantom 2 not vision whit h3 3d gimbal and yesterday the P330CB Firmware Update to Version 1.0.1.30 starts automatically, wen i connect the phantom to the pc
and now i have problems whit my gimbal, the horizon its not level ...**** DJI

Whoa... I hadn't even thought about the P2 non vision !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Same firmware for all THREE aircraft... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brilliant. Great minds at work... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

I am having the same issue. It appears to be the result of the latest software update.

My Phantom 2, Zemuse, and iOSD all have latest software.

When iOSD is plugged into CAN bus phantom no longer starts up after initial flash of lights.

Battery also indicated to be not intelligent now ( and it is stock phantom 2 battery).

Zen use gimbal also now drifts - doesn't stay locked in position.

I can , however, see the iosd output on my fat shark goggles. So it appears to be working well except the voltage of e system is shown as zero and occasionally flickers.

Ideas? Even if just how to roll back software?

groundcontro5150 said:
I AGREE! :) I just sent one back Last week for erratic behavior and could not believe I received another lemon.I thought it might have been something I did.Usually on other builds it was something I missed.In fact it's so gratifying to figure it out when you spend so much time on it.

Thanks for you help SIR!

So you just changed the ISOMINI....and it worked?

sar104 said:
benjamin said:
groundcontro5150 said:
Hi Benjamin,

Just curious - what, exactly, are you hoping to figure out here? It's broken. It needs a firmware fix.

Star: Brother i am new to this so figuring out what was the issue meant a lot to me. I live on the other side of the world where these things are unheard of and have never been seen. A return would cost me quite a bit.
Whats broken ? What nned a firmware fix, the phantom or IOSD MINI

Hi Benjamin,
I had a IOSD mini install in an original Phantom 1,I knew it was a better flying machine then the older 350,450,550.However I love the tech in these products so I wanted to learn from the ground up.I bought a 550 and have the purchased the Mark2 IOSD just in case I wanted to do Oculus Rift (it has two video inputs).The kit came with a IOSD mini I was going to give it to a friend but he did not want it bad enough,so I held on to it.That is why I have two,to answer you question the second one caused the same problems.

Like the Grouchy drunken sparrow suggested I agree with him that it is a firmware issue,we are going to have to wait.I know a lot of people complain about DJI but if they can do better or if they know any other company that IS compatible feel free to post options...I think that this industry is moving so fast,I feel very lucky to had made the right decision to go with DJI.Google,the best DRONES or what ever your calling them and see what you find.YOU are at the front line of this industry in a very positive way!

I love your enthusiasm and trust me when we all work these bugs out together with patience you will be very satisfied with your investment.

Thank you for your interest!
P.S. If you want to go fast go alone,if you want to go far go together!

I have seen reports of people overcoming this in a couple of ways:

1. Unplug the iOSD mini for aircraft boot up, plug it in after the boot sequence has finished.

2. Unplug the iOSD mini, roll back to earlier firmware. With the iOSD mini STILL UNPLUGGED reflash the latest firmware again. I've seen reports that that sorts the problem out and allows the mini to then remain attached through boot-up and work as expected...

Pull_Up said:
I have seen reports of people overcoming this in a couple of ways:

1. Unplug the iOSD mini for aircraft boot up, plug it in after the boot sequence has finished.

2. Unplug the iOSD mini, roll back to earlier firmware. With the iOSD mini STILL UNPLUGGED reflash the latest firmware again. I've seen reports that that sorts the problem out and allows the mini to then remain attached through boot-up and work as expected...

PULL_UP
I have tried this and it goes back to the ERRORS

1> Compass calibration Error
2> Non Intelligent Battery Installed

I am really considering running without the isod. What are your views ?
Thanks for the support

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl