iOSD mini and FPV hub = black screen

Reaction score
I have the Phantom 2, H3-3D gimbal, Hero 3+ working well.

I have FPV working using the FPV HUB:
Hero -> H3-3D -> H3-3D Anti-interference Reinforcement Board -> FPV Hub -> Flysight TX5804 400mw 5.8ghz -> FlySight 5.8ghz Circular Polarized Antenna (RP-SMA)

2x FlySight 5.8ghz Circular Polarized Antenna (RP-SMA) -> FlySight RC801 Black Pearl Matte 7" w/ dual diversity receiver

I have done a dry wire of the iOSD mini in my house. It has the right firmware. It blinks green.

When I flip the switch on the FPV hub from VID to OSD, the screen goes from an image to full-black.
I can disrupt the RX with a towel to get fuzzy-black, so I know full-black is being transmitted and not some function of the monitor.

Any ideas?

When on VID, I see info from the gopro: PROTUNE, 1080x24, battery-full/plugged-in.
It seems the iOSD is just an overlay for what the gopro sends, but any idea how to turn off the gopro info?

Dlandrum said:
When on VID, I see info from the gopro: PROTUNE, 1080x24, battery-full/plugged-in.
It seems the iOSD is just an overlay for what the gopro sends, but any idea how to turn off the gopro info?

it's in the gopro settings. OSD. have a look. I'm sure you'll find it ;)

bmews

As BMEWS mentioned you'll have to go in to the camera's settings to turn off that display info.

As for the rest of the issue, do you have the FPV hub wired to the mainboard in the Phantom? There should be an 8-pin cable going from the hub to the port on the mainboard where the gimbal would connect if it wasn't plugged into the hub. Also, is the iOSD mini's canbus cable pugged in?

duh .. gopro osd turned off.

The FPV hub is connected to the mainboard.
The osd mini is connected to the fpv hub.
The osd mini is connected to the can bus (no green lights without that).

I reapplied the latest firmware to everything.

... still black screen.

bummer, as everything else *phantom* has gone so smoothly.

Dlandrum said:
I have FPV working using the FPV HUB:
Hero -> H3-3D -> H3-3D Anti-interference Reinforcement Board -> FPV Hub -> Flysight TX5804 400mw 5.8ghz -> FlySight 5.8ghz Circular Polarized Antenna (RP-SMA)

Any ideas?

did you try...

Hero -> H3-3D -> FPV Hub -> Flysight TX5804 400mw 5.8ghz -> FlySight 5.8ghz Circular Polarized Antenna (RP-SMA)

then FPV hub to H3-3D Anti-interference Reinforcement Board (which still goes to the main board)

good idea.

I tried having the Anti-interference Reinforcement Board between the FPV hub and the main board ... no luck.

I tried totally removing the Anti-interference Reinforcement Board ... no luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20