iOS11 Beta with DJI Go app?

Reaction score
Is anyone using Apple's iOS11 (Beta) with the DJI Go app? I'm part of their beta program but haven't gone with iOS11 yet. I don't want chance it not playing well with the DJI app.

I'm using iOS 11. Haven't flown Phantom in awhile (mavic instead) but just updated to .602 firmware and am getting only episodic video transmission and very few channels show uo. Not sure if the issue is iOS11 beta or .602 firmware.

We have noticed that whenever a major iOS release version is launched, certain phantom functions break and it takes a month to get new updates from dji to fix the issues. Be careful, not to update devices immediately with new iOS which you use for your drones.

This is a precautionary measure.

Hope dji is working with iOS 11 beta to test new iOS compatibility.

I now have two iPads so I'll probably use the spare to test the new version and keep the other one on iOS10 (final beta version). I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't fly.

I have been using iOS 11 beta 1, 2 and 3 without issue on my iPhone 7plus. I have done about 10 flights total and have not encountered a software crash or bug.

Reactions: MassGuy
i just updated my iphone 7+ to IOS11 beta 3, and there is an update of the dji go app.
i have a problem, it conects to the mavic, and after a minute it loses contact. so no pic on the screen... i still can fly with the controls, but nothing with the Iphone..
so.. its IOS or the dji app... i dont know...

That’s strange, I also have a iPhone 7plus but I don’t have a DJI app update. I am now on beta 4 but haven’t had a chance to fly

IMG_0660.jpg
IMG_0660.jpg

Oh, I have a phantom 3 pro so I am using the other version of the app. The beta does still have bugs, hence why it’s a beta. Might have to roll back the iOS 10 for the short term

Phantom 4 with iphone 7+ and ipad mini. Both devices updated with the latest version of iOS 11 and both do not connect fully. I can start the drone and probably fly it but no flight data and no camera. I do own an android S5 active thankfully. This works as it should although the camera connection is never good.

Tried iOS 11 public beta 3 (on iPad mini 4) and connection, either with the GO 4 app or Litchi is not yet reliable. I'll be sticking with 10.3.3 for a while.

New iOS 11 public beta is out in the last couple of days. I have it on an iPhone 5s currently and will do a connection check tomorrow. I can say that Bluetooth auto connect is much better. If it connects reliably to the iPhone, I'll try it again on the Mini 4.

Hmm... If you have a fly away with the beta then will DJI cover it or would they not as you took the risk?

Hmm... If you have a fly away with the beta then will DJI cover it or would they not as you took the risk?
I should think that as long has you have direct contact or recorded flight data that indicates the cause of the problem, DJI should cover it.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I just put iOS11 on my spare iPad. I might install the DJI app then trying flying close to see if it works. I'll consider installing the new operating system on my main iPad and phone if that works.

I’ll try tomorrow to check iOS 11, yard mowing took priority the other day. BTW although unusual for Monday another public beta came out today, installed and will try later today.

Managed to get a 10 minute or so flight this evening using all current software/firmware with the GO 4 app and the latest IOS 11 public beta and all seemed well. Tried a repeat connect/disconnect (P4 powerup/powerdown ) with the GO 4 app pre-flight and seemed to connect OK. Did a couple of minutes in the Tripod Mode in the advanced menu and went well.

Reactions: MassGuy
Thanks for the update! I'm starting to feel more confident to switch over soon.

A new iOS 11 public beta 6 was pushed out today. Don’t anticipate any problems. Rain here tomorrow I’ll give both apps a test when it clears up.

Letting Apple know is good and helps work out bugs, but they aren’t great at letting others know if our current experience is good or bad. When it comes to our birds I’d kind of like to know...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl