iOS vs Android

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Are there any differences between the iOS version of the Pilot app and the android version?

Not too many functional differences. The only two I know of are:

iOS comes with a simulator, Android does not.
iOS in App flight recorder and replay can show stick inputs, Android does not.

Maybe others can add more. Anecdotally some claim the iOS app is less susceptible to overheating/lag/crashing...but that is likely more device dependent then app dependent as plenty of people are running android devices without overheating issues.

iOS is written in Objective -C (SWIFT) and Android is in Java so the performance on each device is going to depend on the compat with the hardware manufacturer. I have used Samsung Galaxy Android devices with my P3P and it freezes up mid flight all the time. As for the features you may open things differently but SWIFT takes the best things from several programming languages in one which allows for more flexibility. And the Simulator...

There will likely be coming more SDK-apps for Android then for iOS. Sad for me since I use iOS.

And by the way.....where are all these promised apps?

Not too many functional differences. The only two I know of are:

iOS comes with a simulator, Android does not.
iOS in App flight recorder and replay can show stick inputs, Android does not.

Maybe others can add more. Anecdotally some claim the iOS app is less susceptible to overheating/lag/crashing...but that is likely more device dependent then app dependent as plenty of people are running android devices without overheating issues.

Shows a lot more info onscreen in log playback like realtime battery level indicator.

Also android only shows total distance flown in that flight, ios also not only shows total distance for that flight, but distance from homepoint.

Ios is much smoother and stable and dji much prefer the ios over android which is why it has more features.

Not-this-again.png

You need to get out more Lou

For those that contributed to the thread, cheers it's appreciated

Instead of bashing the newbies if you don't want to help, don't, if you think the questions been done to death, be a little more polite about it unless pictures are of course your only means of communication, in which case... Knock yourself out

Reactions: AmosMoses
Oh and I'll be using and iOS device Lou, so the threads done, again, thank you for those who could communicate In the written form, and don't need to use crayons

Multiple threads along the exact same line as yours have been created since you became a member. So who really is at grade school level? Call it bashing if you need to (so dramatic) are you a noob to the whole idea of forums? Is that what you meant? If so i apologize for the perceived attack and wish you well as you learn how forums work.....and what makes them get cluttered. Cheers !

My Samsung S5 Android phone always works flawlessly. Lag and stuttering are rare. Just make sure the connections are good (I bought a better cable), and the phone is uncluttered with other concurrent processes.

I was going to get the nVidia shield but I've been offered an iPad Air 2 so although it's a little more money I'm definitely an apple gadget person :)

My Samsung S5 Android phone always works flawlessly. Lag and stuttering are rare. Just make sure the connections are good (I bought a better cable), and the phone is uncluttered with other concurrent processes.
I Rooted my Samsung Tab just before I started using it and I think that might be the issue. I'm going to wipe/flash the stock rom back and root again. Hopefully that works. My P3 gets about 200 feet away and that is the last video update I see until I reset everything.

I use a galaxy note 4 and I always have issues at the middle of the flight. I been thinking about trying an ipad 2 just to try. I'm getting annoyed by the fact that the screen is lagging a lot & out of nowhere the screen says disconnected.

iOS is written in Objective -C (SWIFT) and Android is in Java so the performance on each device is going to depend on the compat with the hardware manufacturer. I have used Samsung Galaxy Android devices with my P3P and it freezes up mid flight all the time. As for the features you may open things differently but SWIFT takes the best things from several programming languages in one which allows for more flexibility. And the Simulator...

I have flown almost every day for about a month, sometimes as many as 4 per day with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, never a single crash. I have tons of programs on my Note.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers