IOS HELP

Reaction score
So I'm using android now and I'm running 2.9.1 go using an APK. The wife has now given me her Ipad mini and I'm clueless about how to go about getting DJI 2.9.1 go on it and to keep it from wanting to update on start up. Can someone point me in the right direction to any threads about this or tell me how. Thanks

On the I pad.. go to "settings" then "iTunes &app store" then on the right under "automatic downloads " turn OFF updates & apps..
that's how I get to mine on I pad mini 4

The wife has now given me her Ipad mini
Which generation of iPad Mini did she give you? At a bare minimum it should be a 2 or 3 to work okay with a P3. Better a gen 4 to work well with a P3. Click here for a list of compatible Apple devices.

I'm clueless about how to go about getting DJI 2.9.1 go on it
If it doesnt already have v2.9.1 on it, adding it now is difficult if not impossible via normal means such as a standard app store install. It will likely be a matter of either jail breaking the iPad or using some other non standard means. I am not an expert on non standard app installs, so hopefully someone can add more detail.

keep it from wanting to update on start up.
I also do as noted above by @Phantom2USA and keep a very old version of GO on my Air 2.

Last edited:
Which generation of iPad Mini did she give you? At a bare minimum it should be a 2 or 3 to work okay with a P3. Better a gen 4 to work well with a P3.

If it doesnt already have v2.9.1 on it, adding it now is difficult if not impossible via normal means such as a standard app store install. It will likely be a matter of either jail breaking the iPad or using some other non standard means. I am not an expert on non standard app installs, so hopefully someone can add more detail.

I also do as noted above by @Phantom2USA and keep a very old version of GO on my Air 2.

its a 16GB model A1489

its a 16GB model A1489
An iPad Mini 2 with wifi only.
FYI just in case you didn't already know - it's not the cellular version so it does not have GPS for Follow Me to work or the ability to reset the home point to the RC's location.

It should read new home point and GPS.I have iPad mini and it works fine.It only has WiFi.I turn on WiFi hotspot with my phone then turn on Dji app without drone or control on.Wait a few minutes then open Dji app.Click on camera and see if map is working.If it is turn on controller and drone and you should be good to go.

Reactions: BigAl07
It should read new home point and GPS.I have iPad mini and it works fine.It only has WiFi.I turn on WiFi hotspot with my phone then turn on Dji app without drone or control on.Wait a few minutes then open Dji app.Click on camera and see if map is working.If it is turn on controller and drone and you should be good to go.

Yes but I need to know how to get 2.9.1 go on it first. Do you know how I can do it ?

Your P3 itself has GPS, so that is where the original HP coordinates for the AC always come from. That is independent of mobile device model. It absolutely does not come from any wifi only iPad.

Also, tethering does not transmit GPS data from your phone to your iPad, but could be useful for an internet connection if you choose to use maps and haven't cached them in advance for example. Without some sort of external GPS device, a wifi only iPad will not work for Follow Me or to reset the HP to the RC's current location. Click here for more info on what to expect with different iPads / situations. Also, if you are interested click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana_pyro
Yes but I need to know how to get 2.9.1 go on it first. Do you know how I can do it ?
It can be done, but it's a bit of a pain.

This video is what I used to pull my archive of the older versions for my ipad

Reactions: Indiana_pyro
Thanks all. Looks like I might just stay with what I have. I'm looking into to why my video feed from my standard has went crappy but my pro works great on the same device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez