Ios/Android app different versions ok?

Reaction score
I'm happily flying 1.3.0509 on my air 2 with a go app one rev back from current. I haven't upgraded anything and ignore the geo update database nag and have geo turned off. In short, by sticking, all is great. But I'd like to live stream and to do that I'll need to use my Android phone and be forced to use the latest Go app.

Will that force anything bad to my perfectly working bird and rc doing that? I'd hate to see anything changed from using android, back over on the ios side with my air2. Is a moto Z compatible with the go app? I have a new Verizon moto Z and was hopeful it's got the juice to handle the go app. Thanks for anything thoughts.

Well I guess I'll answer my own questions. Happy to say it's the best of both worlds. The newest Android app removes the ability to turn geo off and the only other odd thing is that when you choose custom channel it doesn't give you a channel to select. Weird. Back over in the ios app which for me is one rev back from current, the option to turn geo off is there and all my original settings including custom channels and bit rate. I only did this for live streaming from my moto Z phone and I'm also happy to see that the moto handles the app well and didn't crash, albeit the 20 minutes on the ground only, without flying. Live streaming wasn't great but I had a weak cell signal at the time. All in all, it's great to have both apps without issue.

You know- the android app sucks, lol. SO much better on ios/air 2. What's with the enhanced warning zone needing to be redone multiple times in flight? It should be one and done. BS, man.

Android= thumbs down. Doubt I'll fly it again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik