[iOS] Airnest Major Update now in Beta - See the preview

Here is a preview of the new update, if you want to sign up to use it in Beta head on over to Beta Airnest is only available for iOS

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Justin, this looks really promising. The transitions between POIs were extremely smooth and natural.
Any idea about e.t.a?

About a week or so for Beta and then a week for Apple to approve review the app on the app store, barring any problems with that part. So two to three weeks is best estimate.
I took the Beta version for a couple of flights this morning and it is indeed very smooth. With just a little planning one can ensure very gentle, natural looking transitions.

Last edited:
I've been using Airnest since 1.1.1 and outta all the available platforms (IOS) I feel it doesn't get the credit it's due, this app, well for me was perfect every time and especially for a new drone pilot (commercial airline pilot for 8yrs) like myself i found it so easy to use, and had the features most new pilots wanted and not a bloated app like the others (I do use litchi religiously these days), I have been waiting for Airnest to do a big update for some months and that is the only reason I don't use it as much as I use to but now I will gladly beta it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've been using Airnest since 1.1.1 and outta all the available platforms (IOS) I feel it doesn't get the credit it's due, this app, well for me was perfect every time and especially for a new drone pilot (commercial airline pilot for 8yrs) like myself i found it so easy to use, and had the features most new pilots wanted and not a bloated app like the others (I do use litchi religiously these days), I have been waiting for Airnest to do a big update for some months and that is the only reason I don't use it as much as I use to but now I will gladly beta it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
My sentiments too.
I have been using Airnest since its first release , for specific styles of shoots. This is indeed a very welcome (and overdue) addition.

I tried the latest iOS beta yesterday with a pre planned flight path. However, when trying to launch the mission, the points were uploaded but process interrupted by some CornerRadius error. What could be the cause of this?

I tried the latest iOS beta yesterday with a pre planned flight path. However, when trying to launch the mission, the points were uploaded but process interrupted by some CornerRadius error. What could be the cause of this?
There is a bug we are working to fix that you probably ran into. If the corner radius is set to small it can cause the issues that prevent a launch of the plan. The next build should fix this entirely.

Reactions: aenbacka
There is a bug we are working to fix that you probably ran into. If the corner radius is set to small it can cause the issues that prevent a launch of the plan. The next build should fix this entirely.

I just tried the new beta version today, and mission execution failed with the same CornerRadius error message.

What build number are you on? Also can you post a screen shot of the plan?

Thanks,

Justin
Hello Justin,

Build number is 58. Below is screenshot of the plan I tried to execute.

75120371a296e7ee793b23881650c924.jpg

/Andreas

I just tried a similar plan and could not replicate the error. Try deleting the app and reinstalling it and see if that changes anything. Also what drone are you using and what firmware is installed on it?
Hello,

I will give it a try. I normally take off using DJI Go, and switch to Airnest when in the air. I have Phantom 3 Adv with latest firmware 1.8.

Hello,

I will give it a try. I normally take off using DJI Go, and switch to Airnest when in the air. I have Phantom 3 Adv with latest firmware 1.8.

Just reinstalled with build 62, and went out testing. Still getting the same error message.

thats really odd, let me update my advanced to the same firmware and see if I can replicate on that specific device. I'll get back to you. Are you using a new plan or a saved one? if a saved one what happens when you build a new plan?

Actually I tried with a new plan with the latest build, same problem.

Perhaps this question is for a separate thread but what can Airnest do better than Litchi?

Not trying to incite an argument. I'm asing because these planned flights are what I do the most and I'm certainly willing to pay for a better option.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello,

Are you closing DJI Go out or just putting it in the background? I found the 3rd party apps don't like the Go app being open in the background. Just a thought.

Perhaps this question is for a separate thread but what can Airnest do better than Litchi?

Not trying to incite an argument. I'm asing because these planned flights are what I do the most and I'm certainly willing to pay for a better option.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've been using Litchi extensively. I am also using Autopilot. For me, the overriding advantage of Litchi is the ability to set negative altitude waypoints. None of the other waypoint planning tools have that ability (yet). Since all of them use the dji P3 flight controller to execute the uploaded missions (Autopilot has that feature as well for complete-mission-on-disconnect), they all end up with the same limitations and features. Hence, given the same plan, the results should match. Now, the argument is solely focused on the user interface and related features such as the Litchi Mission Hub. However, when it comes to flight plans that do not require negative waypoint elevations and can be executed with guaranteed connectivity - nothing beats Autopilot's flight controller capabilities and perfection in execution.

Are you closing DJI Go out or just putting it in the background? I found the 3rd party apps don't like the Go app being open in the background. Just a thought.

I always close down DJI Go completely before launching Airnest.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31