iOS 1.1.2... screen shuts off

Reaction score
Anyone with P3A 1.1.9 & 1.1.2 iOS on a iP6+ have the screen time out and shut off? Just had my first flight with this software/firmware configuration and that's what happened. Never did that in the past, screen always stayed on while using the app. Granted, it just took a tap on the screen to bring it back on but it was a bit un-nerving to look down and see a black screen.

Running the P3P on iPhone 6 with 1.1.9 and 1.1.2. No issues yet.

Try setting your channel to Custom and select the channel with the lowest bar. Then adjust the transmission rate to 4mbps. That should help. Also make sure that there is nothing running in the background. When I have issues, I also resort to shutting the device down and do a reset when I start. It clears away the junk.

Try setting your channel to Custom and select the channel with the lowest bar. Then adjust the transmission rate to 4mbps. That should help. Also make sure that there is nothing running in the background. When I have issues, I also resort to shutting the device down and do a reset when I start. It clears away the junk.
That may be why I have no issues, I always shut down anything running in the background and flip the iPhone to Airplane mode.

Anyone with P3A 1.1.9 & 1.1.2 iOS on a iP6+ have the screen time out and shut off? Just had my first flight with this software/firmware configuration and that's what happened. Never did that in the past, screen always stayed on while using the app. Granted, it just took a tap on the screen to bring it back on but it was a bit un-nerving to look down and see a black screen.
it shuts off for me too. you cna change the setting on the iPhone to make it 15 minute. it shuts off because iOS doesn't see the Pilot app as an active session. the 1.1.1 app was like a netflix app which was open until the movie finished. The 1.1.2 apparently turned that off so that it acts like every other app where if there is no user action, the screen will turn off.

One other thing of note. If you're a fan of continuous file names be sure to set that again before recording. I can't verify if they will indeed continue from where you left off or not, but mine started at DJI0001 again.

Used the wife's 6+ yesterday to test youtube streaming and my screen would also time out. Pretty annoying.

What if you turn Auto lock to never, does it still time out then. Not sure if to update the App to 1.1.2 now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic