Intermittent Battery Cell Error

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4, just the original not the advanced or pro I also have an iPhone 5s with ios 11 on it. (thought it would be worth mentioning in case this is the issue as I suspect.)

Last night I put my battery on charge and it triggered overcharge protection so I took it off and put it in the aircraft to drain when I got the Battery cell error. I went to the battery section of the app and had a look( attached is a screenshot) and one of the cells was showing lower than the rest. I read online that the best thing to do was drain the battery to 0% and recharge the battery to 100% it is worth mentioning that once the Aircraft was restarted to drain the battery to 0% the error had gone. I drained it to 0 and put it on charge which then trigged over voltage charger protection probably caused by my old music amp being plugged into the same extension lead. I took the charger and plugged it into the wall directly, at this point the battery charged to 100% without a problem. I took the battery and put it into the Aircraft where I was met with the same error.

I gave up with it and tried it again today when I got back from college and there is no error.
Basically, has anyone had this happen to them and do you think this is software that is the issue or is this a genuine battery failure. Can I still fly?
unnamed (1).pngunnamed (2).pngunnamed.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31