Interference

Could be the environment you are flying in. 2.4ghz is a fairly congested band and if there is a lot of wifi around you could have problems with noise. Try again in a more open area. Other things it may be could be that you have left the tx on without an antenna on it? This essentially ruins the video transmitter and allows all you mw to escape. Lastly what antennas are you using and in what orientation? Linear ones (stock) can have issues with noise if not pointed straight down on the bird but not usually to the extent that is shown in your video.

Describe your setup. It looks like like an antenna or transmitter problem.

Could be the environment you are flying in. 2.4ghz is a fairly congested band and if there is a lot of wifi around you could have problems with noise. Try again in a more open area. Other things it may be could be that you have left the tx on without an antenna on it? This essentially ruins the video transmitter and allows all you mw to escape. Lastly what antennas are you using and in what orientation? Linear ones (stock) can have issues with noise if not pointed straight down on the bird but not usually to the extent that is shown in your video.

I took the props off today and fired it up on my desk. Even at full power I didn't have any interference like I did before.

It might help if you had an antenna on the transmitter.

OK, it sort-of has an antenna, but a quarter-wave piece of wire (1.24 inches) will give you maybe a 100 ft range when that side of the Phantom is facing the receiver.

OK, it sort-of has an antenna, but a quarter-wave piece of wire (1.24 inches) will give you maybe a 100 ft range when that side of the Phantom is facing the receiver.

Ok, so its an antenna issue. Any idea how I could attach a REAL antenna to this wire?

You would need to solder an sma connector in place of the antenna you have already. The solder pads either side of the antenna are where it would attach and the connection for signal would go to the same place the antenna is.

You would need to solder an sma connector in place of the antenna you have already. The solder pads either side of the antenna are where it would attach and the connection for signal would go to the same place the antenna is.

Thanks. Kinda crazy they didn't sell it with a proper antenna, no?

Thanks for the help. I bought another TX with a real antenna, much better results!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.