Interference Monitoring

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone suggest a hand held device for checking a flight area for interference as part of pre-flight assessment?
Also is there any published guidance on safe distances from mobile phone masts? (based on their power output.)

Hi, can anyone suggest a hand held device for checking a flight area for interference as part of pre-flight assessment?
Also is there any published guidance on safe distances from mobile phone masts? (based on their power output.)

The problem is you would need a metal detector which most are made for searching on the ground , finding things , have not really seen one that searches the air.

With that said the DJI app is really good at picking up Magnetic Interference the problem with it as I have shown that the warning appears and than dissappears so quick that you can sometimes miss it or just think your ok to fly because its gone and the reality is you have been jeopardized.

I explain how I missed the critical warning when I take off :

Phantom Rain : Magnetic Interference is the Phantom Killer in disguise:

Thanks for this advice, imbut I was thinking about RF transmission interference as well as pure magnetic disturbance. But thanks for this info too.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl