Interference and range extenders

Reaction score
Lots of discussion about what the best range extenders are, however I’m looking for something that will help with interference if such science exists. I can get to a mile in non populated areas with just a windsurfer. However flying around parks in the city, I’m lucky to get to 500 feet without video distortion. Will range extenders even help?

Yes. But the important thing is the RX value. Control signal is usually never a problem. It's the video feed. So picking a amp with the highest RX db level will usually cure those ill's.

Along with a great antenna which is actually the most important thing.

If you get this:
DJI Phantom 3 Standard / 4K
You will wonder how you ever got along without it. Add amps and you will be giggling the whole time.

Last edited:
Although I don't use it, or fly a Standard this may help as well

One fits the 4K, the other fits the Standard.

If you don't want to have amps, I'd at least try the panel antenna. If after that you want to add amps, they are nothing to incorporate into it.

What’s the difference between a booster and an extender?
In general use, nothing. These two words are ambiguous and are thrown around like pies in an episode of The Three Stooges. I like to be specific and use words like deflector, windsurfer, amplifier, or the name of a type of antenna such as omni, directional, CP, or even a specific antenna such as the ITELITE MAXXRANGE, supercannon, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl