Interchanging blades between the Original Phantom and the Ph

Reaction score
I have the original Phantom and the Phantom Vision. The Phantom Vision came with an extra set of 9 inch props and I wonder if I can put them on the original Phantom and whether it would make any difference.

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

Re: Interchanging blades between the Original Phantom and th

if you have the original phantom with the 2 black and 2 silver screws, you can use them.

Ksc said:
if you have the original phantom with the 2 black and 2 silver screws, you can use them.

Or the integrated-nut props on the Phantom. Essentially, you need to have CW and CCW threaded motors. But I'm guessing you knew that part. Stick'm on and send her up!

Thanks, guys. Dave,silly me, you are right. Since the weather is not condusive to flying, I guess I just had to post a note.

Firestat said:
Thanks, guys. Dave,silly me, you are right. Since the weather is not condusive to flying, I guess I just had to post a note.

I have heard one other report that they worked great. I would like to hear your results too when you test. Thx.

Well, guys, I found out that the PV blades will not fit the original Phantom. The shafts on the OP are smaller. Would need some fabracation, which I will not do.

Firestat said:
Well, guys, I found out that the PV blades will not fit the original Phantom. The shafts on the OP are smaller. Would need some fabracation, which I will not do.

And your Phantom is a later version with CW and CCW threads on the motor shaft, or an earlier version with all threaded the same?

Firestat said:
They would be the early version bought in August 2013. Maybe that is the problem.

Yes, that is it. Another user has just confirmed that they are using later version Phantom props on their Vision.

They wanted to be able to use Phantom prop guards.

I'm afraid you won't be able to use Vision props on your earlier Phantom.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3873&start=10

The answer I got form DJI is that the PV2 is heavier and the older blades won't cut it. the motors will be working too hard.
I had ordered my PV2 with prop guards, it tuned out that the older guards are smaller than the new props. New guards for the PV2 are being made.
I would prefer to fly without them, but certain indoor conditions might require them, especially that the GPS is useless indoor.

Also make sure you set the back of the RC unit to FCC rules instead of CE rules, that will extend your range dramatically

k

Nice tip at the end of the post, Bluesky. Probably another discussion, but I wonder if it is necessary to change to FCC on the original Phantom, or is that default when shipped. I don't remember anything in the manual about that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl