Intelligent Flight Mode -POI- Problem!

Reaction score
There seems to be an issue brought up at the DJI forum that I don't know if it has been discussed here. I think it is important to know if you are doing POI. The issue is with with the POI Intelligent Mode when you loose signal!

It appears that when you loose signal, the Phantom will keep circling until you reach critical battery (ie: no batteries left in the RC, drop the RC, etc., etc.) and then it will land immediately! So if you are doing a POI at high altitude, the Phantom may not have enough battery to land!. Some people are recommending to increase the critical battery level from 10 to about 20 percent. Someone at the DJI Forum did a test with the POI mode and a low battery, he turned off the RC and the Phantom kept circling until the battery reached critical level and then it landed.

The solution may be for DJI to have a user setting that allows you to select what the Phantom will do in case it looses signal, for example: Complete the orbit and then RTH or RTH immediately. DJI is aware of this and they are trying to come up with a solution.
I have not tried this myself, but it has been acknowledged by DJI!

It would be cool if it could orbit until it reaches a point in the orbit that is physically closest to home, and then RTH. That way you could be pretty sure that it won't rth into the object that it is orbiting.

Reactions: TCW, Mako79 and 43k
It would be cool if it could orbit until it reaches a point in the orbit that is physically closest to home, and then RTH. That way you could be pretty sure that it won't rth into the object that it is orbiting.
Sounds like a good simple solution.

I am also wondering if this problem would also affects Third party Apps such as Litchi, Autopilot or Ultimate Flight because they also use the same Phantom firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31