Installed Vision Plus camera and wifi module on Vision craft and cannot solve.

Reaction score
I connected the wifi module and Vision Plus gimbal, with wires ran correctly, and cannot figure out how to upgrade software so the craft knows it has a Vision Plus gimbal on it so the gimbal will move. There's a green light on the gimbal itself, and a green light within the V2 wifi module signifying everything is a go, but there's no movement and the Assistant software still shows the diagram of the one axis gimbal it thinks is attached.
I need to find that one guy out there that understands what I need to do to get this thing to work. I've watched countless youtube and google trying to figure this out and it's wearing on me, man. I'm starting to really feel like I messed up and burned a bunch of cash.. Please help me.

I downloaded and installed 3.8, the gimbal page shows the 3 axis, then I plug in and turn on the craft, and the image changes back to the egg one axis module again.

I downloaded and installed 3.8, the gimbal page shows the 3 axis, then I plug in and turn on the craft, and the image changes back to the egg one axis module again.

The Phantom Assist will always show the GoPro H33D gimbal version even when nothing is detected. When you power up the phantom, it will then detect the main board and tell you what is connected to it. I don't know how this works with the golf ball vision camera.

We need a bit more information.
What remote are you using?
Was the conversion all plug and play using the CAM port?
Do you have pics of your mainboard?

The Phantom Assist will always show the GoPro H33D gimbal version even when nothing is detected. When you power up the phantom, it will then detect the main board and tell you what is connected to it. I don't know how this works with the golf ball vision camera.

We need a bit more information.
What remote are you using?
Was the conversion all plug and play using the CAM port?
Do you have pics of your mainboard?
It was not plug and play, I purchased the P2V+ CABLE PACK and hooked it up best that I could using pictures I found on Google. Here is a picture I took last night. I'll post a better one when I get home. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Could I just get clarification? The gimbal connections are as follows: (from smallest to largest) wifi module/CAM port on motherboard(two lead), wifi module(6 lead), and to anti interference chip then to gimbal connection on motherboard(6 lead to 8 lead). Is this right?

It was not plug and play, I purchased the P2V+ CABLE PACK and hooked it up best that I could using pictures I found on Google. Here is a picture I took last night. I'll post a better one when I get home. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

What wasn't plug and play? Did you splice or soldier anything? If not then its all plug and play with hardware.
Ok.. I don't own a vision NON plus so I don't know the limitations of the Visions. What I do know is that the Phantom assist will always detect your board as a Vision NON plus Board. I too have a modified hybrid Vision Plus with a gopro on it and the software detects it as a Vision Plus with the H33D gimbal.

Does the vision app work? do you have telemetry? Have you tried doing the tilt via the Vision app?
What controller do you have? Take a photo of the front and back of the controller. If the controller has 2 pot holes in the back, try moving the screw left and right and see if there is movement in the gimbal. Try recalibrating the rear pot X1 in BOTH RC12 assist and Phantom Assist software and make sure you select BASIC mode if you are using the rear pot for X1 slider.

Last edited:
I finally solved what's been throwing me off this whole time, The NAZA controller is different between the Vision and Vision +! I got a CPU board/NAZA controller being shipped to me now and I have a feeling this will be it. I got the CPU board too because I want to start over with all of the major hardware, since I short circuited the camera, I don't know what damage that did.
I have a 5.8 gHz transmitter(without the rechargables), an RE700 wifi repeater on the controller, a V3 wifi module onboard my P2V V2 (with mostly V3 hardware now that I upgraded), and I've spend a cool $480 transforming my bird into what I should have gotten in the first place.
I may have spent money unnecessarily, but it is not without valuable knowledge.
GOD I HOPE THIS WORKS

I didn't even know what a wifi module was before thanksgiving, which really adds perspective on my learning curve here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic