Insight into Phantom 2 Fly Away

Hi DattaGroover,
Maybe it's very stupid question: did you have mobile phone or any similar device in your pocket (i mean close to the transmitter) during your flyaway?

nospeak said:
Hi DattaGroover,
Maybe it's very stupid question: did you have mobile phone or any similar device in your pocket (i mean close to the transmitter) during your flyaway?
Great question, but no, it was nowhere nearby.

I should mention that I took my case to DJI customer support, and they sent me a long questionnaire (with questions like that). After analyzing the results they gave me a credit of $320 towards a new one, which is WAY better than a kick in the head.

DattaGroover said:
I should mention that I took my case to DJI customer support, and they sent me a long questionnaire (with questions like that). After analyzing the results they gave me a credit of $320 towards a new one, which is WAY better than a kick in the head.
Good for you- finally. Just for the curiosity (I'm not a spy of DJI :),I heard about influence of temperature on the altimeter in case if you start right now (or very short time) after getting your Phantom from the case, car, etc.

nospeak said:
DattaGroover said:
Good for you- finally. Just for the curiosity (I'm not a spy of DJI :),I heard about influence of temperature on the altimeter in case if you start right now (or very short time) after getting your Phantom from the case, car, etc.
Never heard that one, I'll keep it in mind.
Worst case- I have 2 trackers on my new Phantom in case something goes weird - a FM tracker and a cell/GPS tracker. SO, as long as I'm not over water, I should be at least able to find a fly-away.

HOPEFULLY, the new Phantom 2 version 2 is less inclined to run away from home.

I know this is a dumb question but did you have the GoPro wifi turned on?

OBX Kevin said:
I know this is a dumb question but did you have the GoPro wifi turned on?
Not a dumb question - I always check that before every flight and make sure it is not on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik