Initiating RTH without app...

Reaction score
I have been flying a Phantom 2 (with GoPro) for years and am considering getting a 4 Advanced. I’m familiar with the DJI GO APP from flying an Inspire that my office owns.

With the Phantom 2 remote...to initiate a return to home, you can do so by setting one of your S2 options to activate it. I know you can obviously do this on the higher models by using the app...but my question is..,can you activate it without the app? Is the only way to turn off the remote? (I’m just trying to think throug bizare circumstances where maybe my iPhone locks up or something...)
_Michael

Press and hold the RTH button on the remote controller to initiate RTH.

Per the P4 Advanced manual:

Manual.jpg

If you want to learn more about the P4 Advanced, you can download the manual from the P4 Advanced downloads page.

With my P3S and now P4P I’ve learned to initiate RTH always through the remote. It’s easier and I want to have that muscle memory in a pinch.

I kinda wish I could program a button to turn off OA for when I need to bring it into me for a hand catch.

(I’m just trying to think throug bizare circumstances where maybe my iPhone locks up or something...)
Losing your phone might be an inconvenience but shouldn't be a serious problem.
You still have full control through the controller as long as you have signal.
And if you lose signal, that initiates RTH as well.

I kinda wish I could program a button to turn off OA for when I need to bring it into me for a hand catch.
Just tap the icon at the top of your screen.
It's the one between the GPS and signal strength indicators shown here in red (because it's turned off)
Better still, if you're flying where there are no obstacles to worry about, turn it off and enjoy the extra speed.
i-fM6knt2-M.png

Just tap the icon at the top of your screen.
It's the one between the GPS and signal strength indicators shown here in red (because it's turned off)
Better still, if you're flying where there are no obstacles to worry about, turn it off and enjoy the extra speed.
i-fM6knt2-M.png
Thanks for the tip!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj