Indoor flying check list wanted

Reaction score
Does anyone have and would like to share a checklist in PDF form for flying a P3a indoors. Hopefully this will include all the settings needed to maintain safe flying indoors. Thank you in advance

I don't think there's any such thing. I guess it depends on your flying experience. I did a demo some time ago for the local Rotary Club in a pub's conference room and din't have any issues. Also the floor was covered with a brightly patterned carpet which helped the vertical stability. Follow the steps below to use Vision Positioning:
1. Toggle the flight mode switch to P-mode.
2. Place the aircraft on a flat surface. Note that the Vision Positioning system cannot work properly on surfaces without clear pattern variations.
3. Turn on the aircraft. The aircraft status indicator will flash green two times, which indicates the Vision
Positioning system is ready. Gently push the throttle up to lift off and the aircraft will hover in place.
Make sure you have plenty of clear space around the takeoff point so you have time to correct any sideways movement.

Practice outside first! Read the manual, page 15.

I would suggest using prop guards whenever your flying indoors. If the drone dose something you weren't expecting and you over correct it could lead to a unexpected result. I know I sent the drone into our window blinds, the drone was fine but the blinds had a big gash in them. It will cut down on your flight time but will provide you with a safety margin. You plan for the expected, you prepare for the unexpected.

Also keep close eye on the battery levels, do not leave the RTH as climbing and returning. put it also to "hover".

Reactions: Quest-So
Here is a link to an indoor flight I did a while back, it's also my first video edit so it's a little rough. When I get time and after some more practice I'll try filming that flight again, then it will also be with a finished kitchen. :)

Does anyone have and would like to share a checklist in PDF form for flying a P3a indoors. Hopefully this will include all the settings needed to maintain safe flying indoors. Thank you in advance
Here's one I've used with a P4P in warehouses a couple of times, so far without incident. Be warned that all indoor environments are different and RF and magnetic interference can appear unexpectedly anytime. Also, not all drone insurance policies cover indoor ops.

Attachments

• INDOOR FLYING CHECKLIST.pdf
    64.4 KB · Views: 158
It's funny you should ask because I'm just putting the finishing touches on a five page Flight Checklist and Emergency Procedures document that I'll be selling soon. Wavepilot's list is great and his note about RF reminds me, be sure you turn your WiFi off (which you should do for all flights anyway). You don't want someone's router cutting your indoor flight short.

Here's my list which will be included in the doc:

When flying indoors:
MC Settings / Advanced Settings / RC Signal Lost -> Hover
MC Settings / Advanced Settings / EXP -> .2 or less
Aircraft Battery / Smart Return Home -> Off
Visual Navigation Settings / Enable Forward and Backward Obstacle Sensing -> Off
Visual Navigation Settings / Display Radar Chart -> On
Visual Navigation Settings / Advanced Setting / Enable Downward Vision Positioning -> On
(unless flying over objects of different heights)
Flight Mode -> Atti (no GPS, no hovering in place)

I used this when I was flying a P3P and it also works with my P4PV2.0.
Take care!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj