In regard to battery charging cycles...

Reaction score
How many charge cycles would constitute "like new" vs. "used" vs. "near end of life"?

I have a number of P4 batteries with anywhere from 2 to 19 charges on them. We upgraded to the Inspire 2 and I need to figure out how to value them for upcoming sale.

Rated for 200 charges. I would guess 2 would be like new. 19 would be used. Of course it depends on if they do hold a charge and discharge correctly. Don't know what you're asking but I'm sure people here are interested. I am. Good luck

200 FULL range charges are DJI's listed cycle life of most of the batterys.

Note that is not 200 charges ... because many charges will be only partial and will increment the cycle life number by that partial number only.

In reality a person could have 300 ... 400 ... even 500 charges before batterys show 200 cycle life.
Second that it was reported by DJI tech to my questioning some time ago that batterys do not stop working at 200 cycles.

19 cycles as long as have been treated correctly is good 2nd hand. Plenty of life left ... I would be happy to give a reasonable 2nd hand price for them if I was in the market ..

200 FULL range charges are DJI's listed cycle life of most of the batterys.

Note that is not 200 charges ... because many charges will be only partial and will increment the cycle life number by that partial number only.

In reality a person could have 300 ... 400 ... even 500 charges before batterys show 200 cycle life.
Second that it was reported by DJI tech to my questioning some time ago that batterys do not stop working at 200 cycles.

19 cycles as long as have been treated correctly is good 2nd hand. Plenty of life left ... I would be happy to give a reasonable 2nd hand price for them if I was in the market ..
I understand that, but the count he is giving is Full charges as shown on his devise. Obviously it may have had twice that many times on the charger.

I understand that, but the count he is giving is Full charges as shown on his devise. Obviously it may have had twice that many times on the charger.

Yes ... so do not understand your post ... I never said the 19 were part charges. I am fully aware that he was quoting the Life Cycles as shown by app.

Reactions: Capt KO
Solentlife,
I misunderstood your post and thought you were implying that it was number of times on the charger. I stand corrected

Yes ... so do not understand your post ... I never said the 19 were part charges. I am fully aware that he was quoting the Life Cycles as shown by app.
Reviving this thread, following is a response I received from a seller which confused me a bit. The total quoted flight time is 1 hour and 45 minutes, which may or may not be correct, thus the quest for true battery life:

"It was used commercially and the reason why the flight time is minimal at 1hr 45 mins. The new battery has been charged 10 times and the older batteries 65 and 72 times. I think that number is high because they are self depleting batteries and usually need a 20 min charge if not used for a few weeks."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic