"IMU Still Initializing" message

Reaction score
If you get this unexpected IMU message, try recalibrating the compass.

With a P3P I use regularly, after a move across town for another photo shoot, the motors wouldn't start and I got the message "IMU Still Initializing" in a yellow box. Never saw that before. No errors reported in the Aircraft Status drop-down window on the left side, and the message didn't go away even after a long wait. Rebooted the aircraft, no change. And the controller, still got same message.

Grasping at straws in an effort to get on with my day, I recalibrated the compass and Bingo - problem solved. I thought I'd post this since it just might save someone else a big hassle.

ianzone

**P4**
Reaction score

With a P3P I use regularly, after a move across town for another photo shoot, the motors wouldn't start and I got the message "IMU Still Initializing" in a yellow box. Never saw that before. No errors reported in the Aircraft Status drop-down window on the left side, and the message didn't go away even after a long wait. Rebooted the aircraft, no change. And the controller, still got same message.

Grasping at straws in an effort to get on with my day, I recalibrated the compass and Bingo - problem solved. I thought I'd post this since it just might save someone else a big hassle.
Can speed up imu aswell will a cold imu calibration,,even drone in fridge for 15 min to chill,,that way when you go to fly imu warm up is faster

Reaction score

It has happened to me too, the message came up ‘IMU still initialising’ resulting in the drone props not turning. In exasperation I recalibrated the compass, and it flew.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ed01