IMU Message

Reaction score
I was getting my Phantom ready for take-off today and saw a message something like "IMU Warming up". It was in the 80's here today and I have never seen that message. Is this normal on the Phantom 3?

KachemakDiver

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If the IMU was last calibrated in temperature higher than “in the 80’s”. I would suggest doing a recalibration when the drone can be in a cooler location for an hour or so. That way when it’s warmer outside, you will not have to wait as long for the IMU to warm up.

ianzone

**P4**
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
In the fridge for 15 min before imu calibration ...chill it for a bit,does no harm or cold area till you feel it cold below room temperature

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Da old cold IMU cal. You wouldn’t beleave the crap I get recommending that in Mavic forum. 😏I do it with my Mavics.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Reaction score
The IMU has some precision accelerometer sensors in it. These need to be at a stable temperature to work accurately. Applying power to them for a few minutes before flight allows their internal temperature to stabilize and achieve full accuracy.

Reactions: renevalencia
Reaction score
Da old cold IMU cal. You wouldn’t beleave the crap I get recommending that in Mavic forum. 😏I do it with my Mavics.
Why? I don't get it. Do I need a Secret Decoder Ring?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gugaz