IMU error

Reaction score
I did the latest firmware update with less than the specified battery level. Now I get a IMU error upon startup. I check the IMU in the menus and shows normal. Should I be concerned? My P4 seems to fly normally. Any suggestions?

Now I get a IMU error upon startup

Hi Ty - Did you carry out an IMU calibration regardless of what it says in the menus?

That might get rid of the "error" regarding the IMU? I think it is worth doing - if the IMU is not calibrated properly you may, without warning watch as
your P4 - nose dives with lost control.

Hi Ty - Did you carry out an IMU calibration regardless of what it says in the menus?

That might get rid of the "error" regarding the IMU? I think it is worth doing - if the IMU is not calibrated properly you may, without warning watch as
your P4 - nose dives with lost control.
It actually won't let me do one. Any ideas on how to override it and do one? It says calibrate compass or maps. Anything there?

The latest FW requires you to perform an IMU calibration the same as for the P4P. It has caught a few people out when using a device with a small screen as it's easy to miss the orientation of the AC during the six steps.
The new calibration fixed my erratic hovering following the FW upgrade, although despite the IMU values being just fine, I occasionally get the same error as you. It pops up and goes away within seconds.
I don't have my set up near me, but you need to be connected and powered up for all the settings to appear in the GO app. In the main controller settings > advanced settings > sensors and you should see the IMU calibrate option. Set it down on a flat and level surface and away you go.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl