IMU error ..at startup..normal?

Reaction score
Hello...

Everytime I startup...i get an IMU error in the DJI app.... until I calibrate...is that normal?.

everything is updated to newest firmware.

And shouldnt it ..write ...Firmware is the latest..in the DJI app..under overall status...i saw that in a youtube video?

i checked the textfile on my sd card..and it write that firmware is the newest 1.1.9

Reaction score
I've gotten that a couple of times too. So i just calibrated it a couple of times, and then it went away (not the phantom, the error =)).

Reaction score
I've got the same thing. Seems to happen when I start up in the cold.. will try another IMU cal.. done 2 already. If I start up inside the house it never happens.

Reactions: CalleDK
Reaction score
Hello...

Everytime I startup...i get an IMU error in the DJI app.... until I calibrate...is that normal?.

everything is updated to newest firmware.

And shouldnt it ..write ...Firmware is the latest..in the DJI app..under overall status...i saw that in a youtube video?

i checked the textfile on my sd card..and it write that firmware is the newest 1.1.9
Shouldn't really happen everytime you startup, try calibrating before your next 2-3 flights and see if it goes away.

Reaction score
Be sure you verify before calibrating that the Phantom is perfectly level front back and side to side. Very important!

Reaction score
I've got the same thing. Seems to happen when I start up in the cold.. will try another IMU cal.. done 2 already. If I start up inside the house it never happens.
Because it was initially calibrated when it was warm. If you calibrate it when it's cold, it can account for a larger temp spectrum on startup, and won't give you the error.

Reactions: HacKiwi
Reaction score
Because it was initially calibrated when it was warm. If you calibrate it when it's cold, it can account for a larger temp spectrum on startup, and won't give you the error.
Thanks. Will give this a try in the morning and report back. The fault is really annoying!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdroneman