IMU Calibration

Reaction score
I have a question about IMU Calibration. I updated to new firmware and calibrated the IMU. I watched the DJI video to do this, but it is completely different that what I had to do. The video says to level the bird and do not move it. When I did it, it instructed me to tilt the bird 4 different ways. It's showing that everything is ok. Sometimes it will say Calibrate IMU, then after a few seconds it will say ready to fly. Did I do this right.

Thanks in advance

The calibration process used to work like this:

It now works like this:

If you're not sure you did it properly, it would be fine to do it again.

The calibration process used to work like this:

It now works like this:

If you're not sure you did it properly, it would be fine to do it again.
I just noticed that the new way is for the 4 Pro. I have a P4. Does it make a difference????

I just noticed that the new way is for the 4 Pro.
The IMU calibration always worked like that for the P4P. The P4 process is now identical. DJI hasn't made a new video for the P4, so I was using that video as a reference.

I have a question about IMU Calibration. I updated to new firmware and calibrated the IMU. I watched the DJI video to do this, but it is completely different that what I had to do. The video says to level the bird and do not move it. When I did it, it instructed me to tilt the bird 4 different ways. It's showing that everything is ok. Sometimes it will say Calibrate IMU, then after a few seconds it will say ready to fly. Did I do this right.

Thanks in advance
There's been some discussion on the "calibrate IMU" warning with the latest GO 4 app and newest P4 firmware. Provided the IMU's were properly calibrated the "warning" seems to be a software bug that displays that warning instead of "IMU warming Up".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl