IMU calibration stuck on 4 after firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Did the latest firmware upgrade to both the bird and remote.
Said it needed IMU calibration. I initiated it and it got stuck on the 4th phase, showing about 98% complete. I rebooted the phantom and the remote and restarted it- same result.

Any clue how to get past the calibration?

If you are using the latest 6 step IMU calibration method, be sure to follow the correct orientation when doing so, otherwise it will stop as you have noted. I had trouble seeing the correct orientation on my small device and had to look closely and move the drone to the next plane for it to continue.

@tevek, you were right- I had misunderstood one of the orientations and it was waiting for me. DJI could improve the user interface such as to notify the user that the drone is in the incorrect position- maybe I am asking too much ....

Reactions: tevek
@tevek, you were right- I had misunderstood one of the orientations and it was waiting for me. DJI could improve the user interface such as to notify the user that the drone is in the incorrect position- maybe I am asking too much ....
Glad you got it sorted, as for DJI improving the user interface when going through any of the cals and FW upgrades, from what I've experienced and read, won't be any time soon. There are plenty of tutorials out there but if you are not sure what you've done wrong, it's difficult to search for something that you don't have a question for.

Glad you got it sorted, as for DJI improving the user interface when going through any of the cals and FW upgrades, from what I've experienced and read, won't be any time soon. There are plenty of tutorials out there but if you are not sure what you've done wrong, it's difficult to search for something that you don't have a question for.
I'm just in the process of IMU calibration and my display doesn't look anything like the one I see in the tutorials. Also one tutorial says only the p4 pro needs to be oriented during this process. Can you give me your opinion?

I'm just in the process of IMU calibration and my display doesn't look anything like the one I see in the tutorials. Also one tutorial says only the p4 pro needs to be oriented during this process. Can you give me your opinion?
If you are running the latest P4 FW, the new IMU calibration is exactly the same as for the P4P. If you are on the earlier FW (1.02....), then it's the old method.

I was having the same problems. My IMU calibration was stopping at about 95% every time. Then I finally twigged that screen was asking me to pick up the drone and hold it at various angles ( much like a compass calibration without the turning) to finish the process. Worked perfectly with my IMU readings as close to zero on both 1 and 2 IMU's. Try this:
P4p v2- calibrating IMU taking a LONG time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen