IMU Calibration in the field

Reaction score
Just thought some of you might like this suggestion . . you can't align the IMUs and level the gimbal properly when there is no level surface so when I went out to a breakwater to film the powerboat race I took along a modified tripod and a bubble level . . .No level spot here so here's what I did . . . worked like a charm! Pretty easy to do.

If you want to see the race footage I got, go to www.inskyphoto.com . . 1080p SLOW MOTION was good too.
I used the platform for takeoff and did a hand catch return. It was 85+Degrees hence the umbrella for shade.
RaceSetup.jpg
Tripod.jpg

Just thought some of you might like this suggestion . . you can't align the IMUs and level the gimbal properly when there is no level surface so when I went out to a breakwater to film the powerboat race I took along a modified tripod and a bubble level . . .No level spot here so here's what I did . . . worked like a charm! Pretty easy to do.

If you want to see the race footage I got, go to www.inskyphoto.com . . 1080p SLOW MOTION was good too.
I used the platform for takeoff and did a hand catch return. It was 85+Degrees hence the umbrella for shade.
View attachment 62585 View attachment 62586

Great idea!
Looks like I have a Friday night project.
Thanks for sharing :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

View attachment 62585 View attachment 62586
Amazing, Like your site! Great work!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic