IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Tried with iOS 2.5.0, 2.5.1; Android 2.5.0, Android Beta, all have me grounded. There is no option in the app to self certify. Doing the self certify using DJI's website has no effect. It will not take off.

I had this same issue with the Beta, but make sure you jump back on wifi or LTE and log back in to your DJI account under the app (Me) setting. It will then show you that the fight area is valid. Also make sure you use the SN under the beta app not the aircraft. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had this same issue with the Beta, but make sure you jump back on wifi or LTE and log back in to your DJI account under the app (Me) setting. It will then show you that the fight area is valid. Also make sure you use the SN under the beta app not the aircraft. Hope this helps!

Where does it show the flight area is valid? If you saw my screenshot, I already have 3 valid unlocks (wasn't sure on serial number, so did one with zeros, one with ohs, one with lowercase letter, from the app serial # under about.

Where does it show the flight area is valid? If you saw my screenshot, I already have 3 valid unlocks (wasn't sure on serial number, so did one with zeros, one with ohs, one with lowercase letter, from the app serial # under about.

Yes that's the correct serial number location. Make sure you have the beta app only downloaded from the DJI website. It will
Show you your cleared space "Valid" when you login in at the (Me) location. When I get back to my tablet I'll send a screen shot of what I have. Also if you have an iOS device the new update 2.5.1 has opened up a lot of Previous NFZs

Sorry. Not correct. It's an industry wide problem caused by trying to force stuff to market too quickly and the fact that real testing is real expensive.

Apple - the poster child for this. Smart Apple users NEVER update until the x.3 rev of ANYTHING. Hardware or software.
Microsoft never seems to get it together. Can you say 'patch Tuesday'?

That is Total BS. You know nothing about "Patch Tuesday" obviously.

The vendor DJI here is accountable for their software and systems implementation. The biggest problem here is the consumer does not know what they are buying into and what the future customer relationship for worldwide use of this product is going to be. This is all going to result in an ongoing subscription or pay per fly gouge from the Chinese.

If this happens, I'm all for those that walk away or jailbreak their purchase.

Were you aware of or did you pay for a product that would only work if you were connected to the Internet?

The safe flying zones are where there is no frickin' Internet!!!!

Reactions: Apilot101
That is Total BS. You know nothing about "Patch Tuesday" obviously.

The vendor DJI here is accountable for their software and systems implementation. The biggest problem here is the consumer does not know what they are buying into and what the future customer relationship for worldwide use of this product is going to be. This is all going to result in an ongoing subscription or pay per fly gouge from the Chinese.

If this happens, I'm all for those that walk away or jailbreak their purchase.

Were you aware of or did you pay for a product that would only work if you were connected to the Internet?

The safe flying zones are where there is no frickin' Internet!!!!

I agree - what DJI has done is essentially "online DRM". Another company will come along and make a restriction-less product, or someone will jailbreak the existing products on the market

I think a simple jailbreak tweak similar to the in app purchase tweak may be able to give the go app a fake "OK to fly" server reply. And basically wipe out this whole BS disaster. I'm no programmer but just a thought ??

I think a simple jailbreak tweak similar to the in app purchase tweak may be able to give the go app a fake "OK to fly" server reply. And basically wipe out this whole BS disaster. I'm no programmer but just a thought ??

This sounds like an idea...probably made slightly complicated if the communication between the app and the server happens via HTTPS but even then it'd be possible, just a bit more tricky.

I don't really want to update so I can't play around with this idea. But in theory, I don't see why not?

I'm not sure how exactly it all works but I'm guessing the app sends a request to the server .. And waits for a reply back .. If we could somehow have this all done on the device and have a custom receipt generated and given back to the app .. Maybe we could bypass all the geo drama ?

You will see your unlock history on your Dji account on DJI.com

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453005731.169379.jpg

Once you create one unlock, you can create more from this screen directly. I'm not sure if these unlocks are really working.

Not sure what is being discussed to jailbreak and avoid connection to server by getting ok.

DJI go app connects to their server to get the details of the NFZs at your current location. App makes a call to server to get these values. If device doesn't have Internet, it uses last saved maps with NFZs.

I don't understand why are you speculating that DJI will charge for these services?

I m sure most of you must have clear areas by now ( excepting a low number) to fly and enjoy. I was blocked few days ago but red areas shrunk drastically and I got free space to fly.

I'm not sure how exactly it all works but I'm guessing the app sends a request to the server .. And waits for a reply back .. If we could somehow have this all done on the device and have a custom receipt generated and given back to the app .. Maybe we could bypass all the geo drama ?

Yep you hit the nail on the head. I don't have any experience with what is essentially spoofing a server, but it may turn out to be a very simple exchange like you described

Yep you hit the nail on the head. I don't have any experience with what is essentially spoofing a server, but it may turn out to be a very simple exchange like you described
Its a simple web server which responds to REST calls and returns JSON packed with NFZs info.

Reactions: Trumple
For me, they do nothing
Red zones can not be unlocked, only yellow zones can be. This is my understanding. Problem will be if Red zone is not properly marked.

Red zones can not be unlocked, only yellow zones can be. This is my understanding. Problem will be if Red zone is not properly marked.
This will also have to change.................. sometimes you will have permission to fly in a Red zone.

[email protected] responded to my email, they suggest trying this:

1) please kindly try to connect your copter outdoor with GPS Lock while your device has connection to the Internet, enter the FPV and wait for a while.

Please check if it fixes your problem.

2) If not, please try to set-up your copter with connection to internet and then enter the flight simulator, try to take-off there and it might update the database automatically, please see if it fixes the bug.

Thank you for your patience and feedback of this problem.

I'm not sure how #1 is supposed to happen, how can you connect to the internet and to the aircraft at the same time?

[email protected] responded to my email, they suggest trying this:

I'm not sure how #1 is supposed to happen, how can you connect to the internet and to the aircraft at the same time?
The assumption is that your "Device" iOS or Android has some sort of RF connectivity to the Internet - WiFi or phone tower. That gets the Internet for the device which runs the Go app. As for #2, it is a rehash of #1's Internet connection and using the Go app Simulator to try and force the aircraft to make a change to the onboard database.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic