IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

I don't think the DJI NFZ are about drone pilotes' recklessness and accidents. It is about terrorism. DJI is scared a drone of theirs would be used in a terrorist attack. Imagine what would happen...

So they should refund us if we can't fly our drones. The last two months have taken its toll on me. I'm buying something I can use not holding on to a good product that's only good for storytelling because there's nowhere to fly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Apilot101
Why has this thread title been updated to include 2.5.1? Talk about just spreading about crap, untruths and conspiracy theories.. No wonder DJI don't seem bothered about participating this forum and concentrates on RCGroups, the calibre of peoples thinking ability seems higher.

With 7 posts to your name in over a year, it's totally obvious that you are simply trolling to cause trouble, so please just stay away...

Last edited:
Reactions: jimerb
Wow I don't know what to do. Almost everything around St. Louis is yellow or red. Hospitals ,parks., businesses etc. I have a 1400.00 plus 3 batt and accessories paper weight. I'm so pissed

Wait for 5 minutes and shut down DJI go App and reboot. This trick worked for many.

I don't think the DJI NFZ are about drone pilotes' recklessness and accidents. It is about terrorism. DJI is scared a drone of theirs would be used in a terrorist attack. Imagine what would happen...
Don't worry, P3 is not capable of carrying heavy payloads. It's FAA s concern and not DJI's.

With 7 posts to your name in over a year, it's totally obvious that you are simply trolling to cause trouble, so please just stay away... lol
I know you mean well but if it is the same real Mr Spooldge, from RC forum's, he does know his stuff about the P3. There's trolls on here with more than hundreds of posts..lol

I have 1.4 and 2.4.3 on both birds and both iPads. I will be willing to bet combo packs of this firmware and app setting and lower will sell for big bucks at some point. I bought 2 iPads - one for each bird - that fly perfectly as is. I guess I won't be updating or upgrading anymore and will just fly these two birds to failure. I do not want a 1500 dollar brick.

Sent from my PT beating heart
Same here, my bird is flying just fine on 2.4.3 and 1.4.1, where it will stay for the foreseeable future.

So they should refund us if we can't fly our drones. The last two months have taken its toll on me. I'm buying something I can use not holding on to a good product that's only good for storytelling because there's nowhere to fly

True, if more and more people get grounded, many voices will be raised.

Reactions: DexterDude
I know you mean well but if it is the same real Mr Spooldge, from RC forum's, he does know his stuff about the P3. There's trolls on here with more than hundreds of posts..lol
Knowing his stuff and just posting insults about this forum are 2 different things. If he doesn't like it here, not coming back is simple.

Sorry. Not correct. It's an industry wide problem caused by trying to force stuff to market too quickly and the fact that real testing is real expensive.

Apple - the poster child for this. Smart Apple users NEVER update until the x.3 rev of ANYTHING. Hardware or software.
Microsoft never seems to get it together. Can you say 'patch Tuesday'?
Apple and Microsoft aren't creating flight critical software. DJI is, and should test their products better.

JFYI, 2.5.1 for IOS reverts from a new method of polling the online NFZ database back the the original way it did in 2.4.3 and below. The app crash after release was due to load on the on-line JSON file being queried by the app ( that's why it didn't happen with no internet )..

App crashed because it could not handle exception caused by the unavailability of JSON from the server.

This is a case of Unhandled Exception and in QA terminology we call it a major defect with critical priority for resolution.

We should see another DJI go app release shortly to make app more reliable.

Apple and Microsoft aren't creating flight critical software. DJI is, and should test their products better.

I did the initial activation of the aircraft (P3 Standard - sorry I realize this is the Advanced forum) with iOS App 2.3.0. In the About info it shows that the Aircraft Firmware is 1.1.30 and RC is 1.1.30. The Go app wants me to upgrade to 1.3.50.

Attached is the map view of the aircraft and my area on the Fly Safe website.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 394
  • Fly Safe.gif
    129 KB · Views: 373
To the people who say they cannot fly at home, etc., have you actually tried to fly, or are you speculating? I am curious as to who has tried and failed.

Tried with iOS 2.5.0, 2.5.1; Android 2.5.0, Android Beta, all have me grounded. There is no option in the app to self certify. Doing the self certify using DJI's website has no effect. It will not take off.

Tried with iOS 2.5.0, 2.5.1; Android 2.5.0, Android Beta, all have me grounded. There is no option in the app to self certify. Doing the self certify using DJI's website has no effect. It will not take off.
Have you tried this?

1. Connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..
Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check.

Sad days. Terrorism is real. Lawsuits are real. FAA is pushing for the regulation. DJI is leading the way.
The local airstrip (no commercial flights) has RC day every weekend - free for kids. Now its an NFZ?

Have you tried this?

1. Connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..
Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check.

Yes, I've left it connected to the Internet for an hour just in case. The Android Beta will actually show your self certifications as Valid, so I know it received them (it only takes a few seconds).

FulJ7Kr.png

Still get the same warning, still won't take off.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor