IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

I remember the words of that good for nothing, troublemaker guy...
..........................................................................................................
Ben Franklin Quotes. “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.” ”He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.”

Reactions: Noble 1
I flew Thursday with 2.5.0, went the farthest from home that I have ever flown. (Just down the alley) Everything worked very well, except for a very brief fallout of communication between my RC and P3P. It also took a long time to warm up and I kept getting a warning message that the RC communication was weak. I was standing 6 feet behind the P3P at the time. Other than that, the flight seemed flawless. Now I have updated to 2.5.1 and I am nervous to fly due to what I am reading here. I think I might just wait a month or two for all this to be hammered out. I have a yellow zone to the south east of me, and a hospital heliport about a half mile away. No issues with take off or flight that I could see, except for what is mentioned above. Here is a link to my Healthy Drone data from the flight on Thursday. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Been following this thread since Monday, just find it interesting that my SW/FW are up to date, and I get the same result both pics (below taken today) from my samsung Tab4, s5, s5 active, and my s6. I know Concord is 58 miles as the crow fly's. but he is showing a lot more NFZ's and I have very little. not much overlap. Most of my flights are around the folsom area. guess I'm just lucky? I do have the latest right? thx

20160116_110452.jpg
20160116_122718.jpg

Interesting, the latest version on google's playstore as of 5 minutes ago is v2.5.0. is 2.5.1 for ios?

interesting, just checked both DJI's site as well as google's play store, both on have v2.5.0 not v2.5.1. is this a beta version?

Interesting, the latest version on google's playstore as of 5 minutes ago is v2.5.0. is 2.5.1 for ios?
Strange, are there really different versions of the application for IOS and Android?

interesting, just checked both DJI's site as well as google's play store, both on have v2.5.0 not v2.5.1. is this a beta version?
I updated to version 2.5.1 this morning after hearing about the update on this site. I checked my phone, and sure enough, the 2.5.1 version was waiting for me to update. I am not a beta tester, so I can only assume that this was the latest DJI attempt to repair the damage from 2.5.0.

Strange, are there really different versions of the application for IOS and Android?
thought that to. both the same. my friend chk the apple side for me.

There are almost always different "v" numbers for the latest iOS and android versions.

I updated to version 2.5.1 this morning after hearing about the update on this site. I checked my phone, and sure enough, the 2.5.1 version was waiting for me to update. I am not a beta tester, so I can only assume that this was the latest DJI attempt to repair the damage from 2.5.0.
just now finished deleting the app from my s6 and downloaded again. no change v2.5.0. go figure!

Here, I expanded the "What's New" portion of the update...
IMG_1113.PNG

just now finished deleting the app from my s6 and downloaded again. no change v2.5.0. go figure!
VERY STRANGE indeed! I wonder if it is geographically specific?

Apple and Microsoft aren't creating flight critical software. DJI is, and should test their products better.
DJI isn't writing 'flight critical software' - there is nothing in the Phantom that rises to professional aircraft standards. The things are really (neat) toys. But I do agree that DJI does need to step up to the plate and do better. An unhandled exception as apparently happened in the newest release of the RC app should not get past QA.

And I would argue that Apple and Microsoft would do well to improve QA. With Microsoft I can sort of understand it - they are writing software that is supposed to work on bog-knows-what hardware. Apple has, what, 10, maybe 20 hardware platforms that it has to write to... But that is another rant.

VERY STRANGE indeed! I wonder if it is geographically specific?
well, kinda like wetdog just wrote. use MS windows... wait for service pack 3 before you try. for me, so far so good, where I fly which in and around folsom lake and the foothills of the serria Nevada mountains, worst that can happen, the bird goes down and it hits a squirrel, gets mauled by a bear or ends up in the lake.

I just went to the app store on my phone, and this is the latest version history of the DJI GO application...
IMG_1114.PNG

Another day of flying on the most recent DJI release app 2.5.1. I do live in yellow zones if you refer to the map on the website. Fired up.. Flew without a single issue not a single blip on the screen. Airport is about 5 miles away.. Hospital about a mile away which is also another yellow zone. Fired up no issue. Flew no issues.

Reactions: schroeder1959
Another day of flying on the most recent DJI release app 2.5.1. I do live in yellow zones if you refer to the map on the website. Fired up.. Flew without a single issue not a single blip on the screen. Airport is about 5 miles away.. Hospital about a mile away which is also another yellow zone. Fired up no issue. Flew no issues.
That is FANTASTIC news! Glad all went well!!!

I just went to the app store on my phone, and this is the latest version history of the DJI GO application...
View attachment 40740
well, maybe a good thing for android users. I know they try to keep version numbers the same across both platforms. but is the functionality maintained at a 1 to 1 ratio? just have to wait and watch.

.................... An unhandled exception as apparently happened in the newest release of the RC app should not get past QA..
Dude................. he had just run to get a won-ton and a cup of coffee when it wizzed past his workstation, and off to the masses lol!!

I want to also say "Thank-you" Mikey... I mean alokbhargava, for continually upgrading and reporting the problems. I do not have the time or desire to try to upgrade when you can not go back to something that use to work perfectly. I learned my lesson with the Sept GO and IOS updates. Never again. So thanks a lot for your time and information.... I will be sure to stay on GO- 2.4.1, FW- 1.4.10 and RC- 1.4.30... they are working like a dream as they did all last spring and summer before updating in Sept.

Post 581 - I do not fly in or around NFZ's so I can not verify that the combination does not have a problem with NFZ's ( I understand the thread is about NFZ's and to "stay on track".) Sorry I got off track. When I get a chance I will go to a NFZ and test it. However, the next three days high in MSP is -1, -8 and 2. When I get a chance I will report back, for those who are interested.

Well I went out today and tested my setup of GO- 2.4.1, FW- 1.4.10 and RC- 1.4.30 and NFZ's. I do have NFZ's on my set up. Although they are far and few between. I have posted below my NFZ's for the MSP metro area. As you can see there are really only 5 NFZ's, Three class B airports and two stadiums the Gopher/Viking and Timber Wolves. That is all. Interestingly, MSP International is not in a NFZ. (Sorry, it would be below black screen in bottom right, can upload pic if needed)

IMG_0006.PNG

I went to the Crystal Airport and at .66 miles from center (by google earth) I could not fly (it stated it was a no fly zone) but a .87 miles I had no problem, Then I went to a small town airport (Buffalo) which has a (looks like five mile restriction by Airmaps) stood next to the middle of the runway and had no problem if I would want to fly. It started w/o any warnings and motors would rev up. (without props).

So comparing GO 2.4.1 NFZ's to Airmap NFZ's there is a world of difference. The map below shows the difference and what I found out today about the GO 2.4.1 NFZ's.

MSP airmaps.jpg

So if I understand this correctly, the new versions of GO are using the Airmap data bases and I would not be able to fly in the yellow areas ( a lot of area) but with GO 2.4.1 there is very little restricted area. If this is correct I see no reason to update, especially with my set up flying perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 379
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member