Image Transmission Code Rate

Reaction score
Just noticed the setting in the DJI GO app.
Click the menu icon in top right, go into HD on the left, and choose 'Custom' on the top right, you then have the option to adjust the "Image Transmission Code Rate".
Mine seems to sit on 6mbps(2km) if I change it from Auto to Custom. When I put it on Custom I can slide it from 4mbps(3km) to 10mbps(0.7km).

Can someone advise what this is for exactly? And why would you want to adjust it one way or the other?

Thanks
Hunt

It's used to set the quality of the live view you see in DJI GO. The highest setting is going to give you the best image, but a lower setting might help cut down the delay or resolve any choppiness you might see when flying out near the max distance.

Reactions: Pat Mika
It's used to set the quality of the live view you see in DJI GO. The highest setting is going to give you the best image, but a lower setting might help cut down the delay or resolve any choppiness you might see when flying out near the max distance.

Ah I thought as much. Thanks for confirming. It has no effect on the distance the aircraft can fly before the video signal cuts out and you get 'no signal' and an RTH is triggered?

No. The remote controller signal is separate from the downlink (video) signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31