Image freezing, dropping out and black screen on iPhone

Reaction score
Hello, i flew my Phantom 3 today and have never had this issue before but the image coming back to the phone was as described in the title. I've not flown for a while as i've also got an Air and that gets more of my time.
Is there something particular i should start looking at to sort this?
The actual image on the SD Card is perfect and the drone flies and the camera operates perfectly.
Any ideas please?
Thank you

So, sometimes you have a black screen? Sometimes you have a image and the image freezes?
Only momentary black screen, more freezing then the screen populating from the top down, like the old days when images used to load real slow. Like as if the signal is not getting back as it should, like when you listen to DAB radio and it stops and starts as the signal goes.

I'm always putting new apps on my phone, heaven knows what since i last flew though
You most likely overloaded the CPU on your phone. Too much going on to process. Put to sleep as many apps as you can, Especially any flight app (Go) your not using to fly. Should work fine.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Ya,to many apps running in the background can affect the quality of the video transmission feed.
The DJI app uses a lot of computing power also.
I started using a dedicated device just for my drones.

Reactions: Capt KO
Only momentary black screen, more freezing then the screen populating from the top down, like the old days when images used to load real slow. Like as if the signal is not getting back as it should, like when you listen to DAB radio and it stops and starts as the signal goes.
Yep, I believe that is the problem. Your phone has to much going on. It isn’t able to process the information fast enough.

Ya,to many apps running in the background can affect the quality of the video transmission feed.
The DJI app uses a lot of computing power also.
I started using a dedicated device just for my drones.
Me Too ? #1 Home (iPad) all my apps, #2 (Mini 4) Drones, 4 flight apps, #3 Navigation (Mini 4) 4 Marine apps. Garmin GPS. No Glitches or blank screen! Even follows me home and comes when I call. Eats very little, cheapest pet I’ve owned.

You most likely overloaded the CPU on your phone. Too much going on to process. Put to sleep as many apps as you can, Especially any flight app (Go) your not using to fly. Should work fine.
Yup i agree with that so i tried my iPad mini that has ZERO apps only the operating system and obviously the DJI app and i'm getting the same issues. I'll try to attach a couple of screen shots below. Oh and by the way i did as well change the USB lead.
I've done a small video but don't know if that will upload.
Any more ideas please?
032653ioraswj92crnrsju.png
032658jap40we09clr533p.png

Ouch. Looks like a bad gimbal IMU board (to me) but that usually happens after a drop or shock of some kind. ???
(Board on backside of camera, 4 screws) on P4

Not Sure! Wait for more advice before trying repairs.

Anybody else got any ideas?

Thanks Capt KO. it certainly hasn't had any shocks that i'm aware of but who knows.

I'll see if anyone else has any views as well.

Thank you

Reactions: Capt KO
Thank you for reply. I have tried iPhone and an iPad. The iPad has ONLY DJI app on so no conflict there. I have tried various cables and still no difference.
thank you any way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic