I'm sorry I'm tired of the tilted horizon

What's really sad about the tilted horizon issue? I failed to see the funny part of this pic bc I was so focused on the danged horizon issue in the pic! [emoji23]
df649f583b3567d21e08631dc3335116.jpg

Sent from my PT beating heart

What's really sad about the tilted horizon issue? I failed to see the funny part of this pic bc I was so focused on the danged horizon issue in the pic! [emoji23]
df649f583b3567d21e08631dc3335116.jpg

If you look closely, you can see Bill O'Reilly in the lander.

Reactions: jryser
The tilted horizon issue does not bother me at all. If I wanted the picture to look super perfect, that's what Photoshop is for. However yes, $1000+ device should not have this issue but I believe all it will take is a firmware update (if that ever happens).

The tilted horizon issue does not bother me at all. If I wanted the picture to look super perfect, that's what Photoshop is for. However yes, $1000+ device should not have this issue but I believe all it will take is a firmware update (if that ever happens).
Not everyone is shooting photos. It's more if a pain for video.

Actually it's a SLIGHTLY simple fix at least in premiere pro IF the tilt remains constant. But yeah, it's no fun when it's all over the place. Fortunately neither of my P3Ps have the issue

It's all over the place for me and getting worse... Left to right and everything in between. SUPER frustrating.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I actually tried the one fix of starting the gimbal calibration, and shutting the screen down immediately. I was facing east. It worked!! Then I turned south, and the horizon was tilting off to the right!! East/West shots were level, but North/South shots were tilted to the right, whereas the old tilt was off to the left. Weird.

My horizon tilt issue is worse now. Steeper angle and now in all directions. After IMU and gimble calibration it left my horizon tilted at 10 degrees while sitting on a level surface which was annoying since camera was level right after the firmware update. After manually adjusting the gimble it wondered off again while flying.

The update didn't fix the horizon issue for me neither... I went yesterday to try it and still having this trouble...

I still haven't flown yet...................... as soon as I drag my *** outa bed, I have to go to the laundromat, then I may have time to get out to the park to test the updates.

new firmware doesn't fix horizon issue by itself. BUT, gimbal adjustment value is being persisted now, which means you don't need to manual set it every time. So basically i consider it as fixed:)

new firmware doesn't fix horizon issue by itself. BUT, gimbal adjustment value is being persisted now, which means you don't need to manual set it every time. So basically i consider it as fixed:)

Except ... I need a slightly different value for each cardinal direction.

-- Roger

Yeah, I went flying this morning and my phantom is still tilting the horizon. What a powerful machine.

I wonder if this is a potentiometer issue? It sounds like its in the IMU data. Tilt with no drifting once warm is easy to fix.

Jeremy

I wonder if this is a potentiometer issue? It sounds like its in the IMU data. Tilt with no drifting once warm is easy to fix.

Jeremy
I don't know what's causing the problem but I wish it would get solved. I can't just stop midflight and rotate the craft or do some kind of adjustment while recording.

It is unchanged for me after the firmware update, cold IMU calibration, gimbal calibration and compass calibration. I do appreciate that they made the gimbal tilt adjustment persistent. At least that lets me have it closer to start.

Since the same issue exists on the $3000 Inspire, I'm not expecting it to be a quick or simple fix. I hope I'm wrong.

Joe

Following the new software updates, my initial horizon tests appeared to be much better. Still not as nice as many I have seen posted here, but far better than what I had been seeing in my own videos. Alas, the good feeling was short lived. Since then, my horizon is back to being significantly tilted at times, and almost level at other times - all during a single flight.

@Joe88keys - I guess you're right. If the same issue exists on the Inspire, there is likely little hope that it will be fixed on the Phantom for those of us who have the problem.

Sad to say I returned my P3 this week. I don't want to get stuck with a DJI Phantom 3 when version 2.0 comes out with bug fixes. Sorry for those left stranded with the tilted horizon and other issues. I love 99% of all the features in this drone, but it drifts more than my P2, and I had better image results with the GoPro 4 on my P2. That being said, it's still a chunk of magic in every way and I'm sure I'll be clicking the BUY button once these issues are fixed. I'm wondering what other improvements DJI will add to the next version as well. The P2 had a v2 and v3 released in very short order.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj