I'm I the last one flying P3P firmware 1.1.9

You can downgrade to any version you like it is just a pain. Splogge method works well.

Do you have a link to his setup?

1.19 is the best firmware they ever made everybody is trying to roll their firmware back there are at least a few posts a day people wanting to know how to roll back firmware I wouldn't update if I were you
Unknown, rumor has it over on the dji forum that 1.3.20 is 1.19 renamed since that was before dji was letting you roll back. It was an easy way for dji to fix the vps issue that 1.26 created. Whether this is accurate or not I can't verify.

Well, I just got a P3P. And its got the old firmware.

RC: 1.2.6
P3P: 1.1.9

Should I leave it alone?

Well, I just got a P3P. And its got the old firmware.

RC: 1.2.6
P3P: 1.1.9

Should I leave it alone?
That is up to you. Me, personally, I would leave it. 1.1.9 is a very stable firmware. If you want all of the options that comes with the later firmware you don't have any choice but to upgrade. I don't have any need for the extras.

At those FW levels you won't be able to try any of the mapping features of 3rd party apps or the Intelligent functions of GO.

Reactions: Wolfiesden
At those FW levels you won't be able to try any of the mapping features of 3rd party apps or the Intelligent functions of GO.
You also don't get all of the new restrictions like nfz's that are nowhere near an airport, battery issues where your bird falls out of the sky. The battery issue is supposed to be fixed but no free lunch here either(for some anyway). Some people feel they have lost some performance with the battery fix firmware. Also the battery issue seems to have been introduced with the 1.5 firmware. Seems no one had the issue before. I am on 1.3.20 and love it, but I have no use for all of the intelligent functions or mapping so it all depends on your needs.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Would that explain this:
Professional - Litchi - GS_Result_RC_Mode_Error | DJI Phantom Forum

And whats the min FW to allow Litchi to run its waypoints and panos?
I don't know the specifics of Litchi, but for Ultimate Flight the min is SDK FW 1.5.0011 installed on the bird. This is not the public firmware, but is what DJI provides 3rd party developers to use in creating their GO app replacements. The versions of what I have installed, per my sig line, don't have any GEO code to the best of my knowledge.

You also don't get all of the new restrictions like nfz's that are nowhere near an airport, battery issues where your bird falls out of the sky. The battery issue is supposed to be fixed but no free lunch here either(for some anyway). Some people feel they have lost some performance with the battery fix firmware. Also the battery issue seems to have been introduced with the 1.5 firmware. Seems no one had the issue before. I am on 1.3.20 and love it, but I have no use for all of the intelligent functions or mapping so it all depends on your needs.
I don't believe the SDK FW 1.5.0011 introduced issues that people are posting in regards to public FW 1.5.0030. The newer versions of the GO app appear to be the culprit in terms of introducing GEO mapping to your bird and controller.

Well, I was looking forard to the auto pano mode of Litchi. And the waypoints would have been nice too. Do I need them? No, not at the moment. I can fly it. And I can rotate and snap photos. Having it automated was simply a nice to have.

Not sure if leash or follow me will come up. When it does, I guess I have to make that decision.

I don't believe the SDK FW 1.5.0011 introduced issues that people are posting in regards to public FW 1.5.0030. The newer versions of the GO app appear to be the culprit in terms of introducing GEO mapping to your bird and controller.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that SDK FW 1.5.0011 can't be downloaded anywhere.

Unknown, rumor has it over on the dji forum that 1.3.20 is 1.19 renamed since that was before dji was letting you roll back. It was an easy way for dji to fix the vps issue that 1.26 created. Whether this is accurate or not I can't verify.
Sounds like dji you know they did the same thing they did with 1.41 on Phantom 3 with my Matrice 100 put the speed cap at 37 mph with a firmware update. I called dji They tried to tell me there is no way to roll back the firmware. I finally got ahold of somebody from dji China who sent me an old N1 assistant file to rollback my firmware. It's basically the same thing as what we had on phantom 2 you update through the computer I like that way a lot better. I don't have a phantom 3 right now I'm currently in the market for one but I need 1.32 or older very hard to find nowadays.

Is there a rc fw needed for that bird fw?

What, if any, ramifications are there to upping to that vaesion of 1.5? Can I go back unlike the .030 which won't let you get back to 1.1.9?

Anyone know the difference between 1.4 and most recent firmware? With 1.4 all functions seem to work, also with 3rd party apps. What did 1.5 and 1.6 add (except for the nasties)?

Anyone know the difference between 1.4 and most recent firmware? With 1.4 all functions seem to work, also with 3rd party apps. What did 1.5 and 1.6 add (except for the nasties)?
1.6 added propulsion limit when temp is low and you are pushing too hard. some say also it better detects battery levels.

Reactions: dirtybum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20