If you know how to do this, please help those of us who are unsure.

My mate said his house insurance wouldnt cover his drone.

I ask my State Farm agent about insurance and he said State Farm would not insure drones.
They don't offer the policy in California. If you are not in CA, call around and find an agent who is willing to sell it to you. They won't tell you about it if they don't know about it or don't want the hassle of selling a cheap personal articles policy.

I ask my State Farm agent about insurance and he said State Farm would not insure drones.

Well that is definitely untrue, because state farm insures my drone. What he may have meant is that they won't insure it in your state. Or, he could just be unaware that state farm started writing drone policies. My agent had to call corporate to check when I asked about it. I have a lot of insurance policies with state farm (guns, cameras, jewelry, cars, atv, rv, house) , so my policy is $36/yr for my drone.

HI mash50, What state are you in? I'm in NC and I took out my 60$ policy November '17 on my P4P+. I unfortunately had to file a claim in April '18. Within 6 days I had my check for full replacement value.
They then asked me to send them the new unit info for the policy I still had through November '18. I did and also added my P3 PRO on as well. It's been a pleasant experience all along. My agent is
Steven Dennis Agency 1558 Freeway Drive STE. B Reidsville,NC 27320 (336)637-8591 I speak to Shannon Smith, She's very helpful. I have a Personal Article Policy. Hope that helps....Peace Martin

HI mash50, What state are you in? I'm in NC and I took out my 60$ policy November '17 on my P4P+. I unfortunately had to file a claim in April '18. Within 6 days I had my check for full replacement value.
They then asked me to send them the new unit info for the policy I still had through November '18. I did and also added my P3 PRO on as well. It's been a pleasant experience all along. My agent is
Steven Dennis Agency 1558 Freeway Drive STE. B Reidsville,NC 27320 (336)637-8591 I speak to Shannon Smith, She's very helpful. I have a Personal Article Policy. Hope that helps....Peace Martin
As you describe, it's not drone insurance, per se, but a personal articles policy, with the drone, and anything else you want to include, that they will cover, up to the dollar limit of the personal articles policy purchased. Therein may lie the confusion.

Be aware that all claims under such a policy are entered into a national database, and tracked by all other insurance companies. Claims may jeopardize your ability to renew your home and auto policies with State Farm, and get new replacement policies with any other insurance company. It is not a free lunch. Much like Amazon can and will fire you as a client, if you return too many purchases.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT