If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

Mako79 said:
Thanks.

OK..
So wires melting is from the way DJI lays the wires on top of the mosfets and has nothing to do with the gauge?

From what I can tell at present the gauge is insufficient for the motor leads. The mosfets can put out 12 amps at 30v.

This is not a dc current so its a little apples to oranges. What we do know is that motors of this size can draw 10 amps in aggressive flight and that solid wire is not acceptable in a vibrating platform. Also plastic insulation is not acceptable in high heat applications.

OK here is my V3, purchased November 24, 2014, 20+ cold weather flights, NO Version number, 2.0 ESCs, I gently lifted all wires off the MOSFETs and had some mild melting of every wire that laid flat on the MOSFETs:

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND EVERY V3 BE OPENED AND WIRES LIFTED OFF THE MOSFET

Attachments

• 20150105_201438.jpg
    20150105_201438.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 533
  • 20150105_201604.jpg
    20150105_201604.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 526

Is it true that if you get the new upgraded v2.1 escs then you will not have to fear the 'prop strike equals dead escs' issue? Because if they all are burning up from one simple prop strike or the quad tipping to the ground and destroying the mosfets, whats the point in the new upgrade or firmware?

I've tipped over 4 times so far with my v3. No issues yet

I had a run in with a bush...dropped approx.4 feet and had a prop strike, the battery popped out. I reset the battery and fired it back up. One motor clicked and hesitated a few seconds and then it started up fine. I flew it 4 times after that, with no problems..its a V3 purchased end of November. So not all prop strikes are destroying the Vision. Maybe I just got lucky...maybe having the battery pop out stopped any further damage. I will open it up tomorrow and see what version it is...

STUPUD QUESTION ALERT.....is it possible to crack open only one side of the case to get a peep at the wires or does the entire case have t come off?

Prylar Bek said:
STUPUD QUESTION ALERT.....is it possible to crack open only one side of the case to get a peep at the wires or does the entire case have t come off?

Do the whole thing. I wouldn't want to risk cracking the plastic. Just 4 screws per arm

Prylar Bek said:

Entire top of shell.

I ordered my V3 on the 29th of December and got one with 2.0 in all 4 corners. Without having to read back through the 15 or so pages, is this good or bad?

I already experienced 1 tip over and everything still works fine (knock on wood).

SSR99 said:
I had a run in with a bush...dropped approx.4 feet and had a prop strike, the battery popped out. I reset the battery and fired it back up. One motor clicked and hesitated a few seconds and then it started up fine. I flew it 4 times after that, with no problems..its a V3 purchased end of November. So not all prop strikes are destroying the Vision. Maybe I just got lucky...maybe having the battery pop out stopped any further damage. I will open it up tomorrow and see what version it is...
I've had 4 tipovers and 1 auto-land on a roof resulting in the Phantom upside down on the dirt with props spinning till battery died.

I recovered it approx 30 mins after crash.

Everything still works fine.

Stock v3 purchased in November

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Crash onto top of roof from: http://youtu.be/DPAb0sYQAGU

Eyecon 82, you win, toughest v3 in existence. Your vid alone makes me keep my v3. Was getting depressed.

I just lifted this image from another thread, for whatever it's worth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 518

Greetings,

How about some non-anecdotal evidence, such as photographs of burnt wires? I am rather wary of opening everything up and possibly causing other issues.

-David

FWIW. I just flew and used 3 batts. Back to back. Flew hard. Lots of yawning corkscrew turns up and down. Slightly warm motors. No smell from quad. End of report. I'm not opening it up unless I have to!

Prylar Bek said:
FWIW. I just flew and used 3 batts. Back to back. Flew hard. Lots of yawning corkscrew turns up and down. Slightly warm motors. No smell from quad. End of report. I'm not opening it up unless I have to!

Cool.
Do you have the 2.1 ESCs?
I think you should open her up. Get some wings on your street cred badge. Takes 2 minutes and wont void your warranty.
Use an craft/hobby/exacto/razor and slit the arm stickers.
Remove 12 hex screws, 4 type 0 screws (careful with these as they fray easy).
Carefully lift and unplug the 4 pin GPS cable.
Take happy snaps and post here.

Installation is in reverse.

I'm tempted. I'll have a scotch tonight and work up the courage. HA

Prylar Bek said:
I'm tempted. I'll have a scotch tonight and work up the courage. HA

You don't have to cut the stickers, just peel them off a little...

Just opened up my V3 and found it has the 2.1 boards. I got it around 15th Dec from Marionville Models in Edinburgh Scotland. The only thing I seen is the wires looks like it has some sort of glue down near the board. Took a good few pictures. What's the best way to post them.

codylv said:
Not sure if I just got lucky, but had a tip over while landing yesterday. First incident since I got my P2V+, so I was a little freaked out. I was actually landed, then did CSC to stop motors when the tip occurred. Changed the 2 props and did a test flight, everything seems ok.
The problem in this might be that CSC is used as starting commsnd and stopping comment. Maybe when executed hastendly/insecurery after landing the IMU het confused and causes flipping over. For this reason I stop my motors after lsnding not by using the csc-manouvre be keeping the left dtick firmly down for a a few seconds. Never experienced any (sign of threatening) tip-over.
Just a thought.
Regard FA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor