If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

It would be sweet if DJI would program a simple safety protocol into the onboard computers such as this. http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/new ... op-failure I love flying over waterways, marshes, and the ocean and around here its the only place to test long distance flight safely. I worry about this new V3 issue; don't want the bird dropping into the water. And as much as I enjoyed the past phantom I had, because of this issue with this one Im gonna either return it or just do close flight( which sucks as long as I have been into long range Fpv). Might be looking at the MATRIX next time but it costs over 4000. :shock:

Fplvert said:
Prylar Bek said:
codylv said:
Not sure if I just got lucky, but had a tip over while landing yesterday. First incident since I got my P2V+, so I was a little freaked out. I was actually landed, then did CSC to stop motors when the tip occurred. Changed the 2 props and did a test flight, everything seems ok.

any idea WHY it tipped?
:D
CSC is for starting the motors. It can also be used in an emergency to stop the motors. If you simply pull the throttle all the way down after you land, the motors will shut down after about 3 seconds. The sudden shutdown after landing using CSC can cause tip overs.

I would encourage all V3 owners to hand catch or get a supply of props and ESCs.
Ah ok, I thought CSC was for both, thanks for the info! I'm just glad I didn't do any major damage, will use that method from now on.

I really hope DJI addresses this issue and comes out with some kind of fix. There is enough talk going around about this issue (including their own website forum) for them to easily become aware of this problem. I fear that they'll ignore this and won't respond to anyone about it.

It is their duty and responsibility to address this.

Fingers crossed.

I had a tip over on my v3 replacement when I recieved it a few weeks back.. Man I'm scared to fly. :(

Just got off the phone with B+h and they claim they have never heard any of the complaints or concerns we have on the new V3 model. He sounded pretty informed on the product unlike some shop that sells furniture to electronics :lol: He also told me that if I noticed any issues such as wires melted or escs fried to send it for a new one. The only problem I have from there is I would like to modify my bird with stage 4 antennas and I fly over water often. So of course if you don't have a bird to return you get no new bird ;)

I bought mine from B&H and I have purchased with them b4. Had issues with one item and was extremely easy to return. Asked no question and gave a new one very quick

I have gotten a lot of info right here to decide to return mine. I just got it at Christmas. It is a v3, have not even charged the battery yet. Will think about getting older model in exchange but hate going backward.

mlars said:
I have gotten a lot of info right here to decide to return mine. I just got it at Christmas. It is a v3, have not even charged the battery yet. Will think about getting older model in exchange but hate going backward.
bad idea

Prylar Bek said:
mlars said:
bad idea
Or not? The V2s aren't dropping like rocks.

msinger said:
Prylar Bek said:
mlars said:
bad idea
Or not? The V2s aren't dropping like rocks.

I doubt that the v3.0's are either.

I think there's an engineering issue with the ESC's. I don't think it's clear how big a problem it is. Obviously, there are a couple of prominent posters on this forum for whom it is a big deal. Many have drawn conclusions about the issue, its cause, and its solution from those posts that leads them to make assumptions that just aren't objectively supported. Yet.

MacCool, I guess you didn't read this thread then ;)

Fplvert said:
CSC is for starting the motors. It can also be used in an emergency to stop the motors. If you simply pull the throttle all the way down after you land, the motors will shut down after about 3 seconds. The sudden shutdown after landing using CSC can cause tip overs.

I would encourage all V3 owners to hand catch or get a supply of props and ESCs.

Actually, for the sake of accuracy, CSC is used for both starting and stopping the Phantom according to the manual. CSC is method 1 while method 2 is holding the throttle down as you indicated. They do issue a warning to not perform CSC while flying (no kidding right). If you do initiate engine stop using the CSC method, you have to execute the stick movements without the slightest hesitation or you do put the craft in a position where it will tilt. That said, I stopped using CSC to turn off the motors after I switched to the new controller. Now that the throttle control locks in the down position, its more convenient to shut down that way (for me at least).

From what I have seen there is only a couple of people on this forum who have encountered this issue with the new model V3 and no Im not referring to the new motor and esc mod. And in addition to that B+H and other large distributors have claimed to not recieve any late model birds back with damaged escs or melted wires.

jasonb777 said:
From what I have seen there is only a couple of people on this forum who have encountered this issue with the new model V3 and no Im not referring to the new motor and esc mod. And in addition to that B+H and other large distributors have claimed to not recieve any late model birds back with damaged escs or melted wires.

True. I spoke to the store I bought mine from and he said the same thing. A chat with BH on an unrelated matter today confirmed what you said

I haven't had a problem after 2 months and about 20 flights. My dealer also says they haven't seen any unusual issues.

Prylar Bek said:
jasonb777 said:

True. I spoke to the store I bought mine from and he said the same thing. A chat with BH on an unrelated matter today confirmed what you said
I had the same expereince. I was on the phone with B&H today over an unrelated camera purchase. The CS person I talked to was aware of the online bruhaha, but wasn't aware of any warranty returns except for some unopened boxes from people who were very nervous about the possibility they might crash. He said those represented a handful compared to the hundreds of Phantoms they had sold during the Christmas holiday.

msinger said:
Every single post, here, on DJI Forums, on Hani's Facebook page UAV Repair, and on the UAV Groups Facebook page, but perhaps I interpreted them differently than you did.

MacCool said:
msinger said:
Every single post, here, on DJI Forums, on Hani's Facebook page UAV Repair, and on the UAV Groups Facebook page, but perhaps I interpreted them differently than you did.
You are a machine.

MacCool said:
I was on the phone with B&H today over an unrelated camera purchase. The CS person I talked to was aware of the online bruhaha, but wasn't aware of any warranty returns except for some unopened boxes from people who were very nervous about the possibility they might crash. He said those represented a handful compared to the hundreds of Phantoms they had sold during the Christmas holiday.

Well, to be realistic, Christmas was only 10 days ago. Factoring in work schedules, short daylight hours, poor weather and only a few weekend/holiday days for actually flying, I think it's a tad early to be seeing any Xmas returns specifically due to product failure. But if the v3 esc's are as delicate as reported and burnout upon tip-overs, it shouldn't be very long. You just know most new owners will not be hand-catching and a high percentage are bound to have a tip-over. I'll be curious to hear what the B&H repair/return numbers are after a few months.

And I still say no retailer is going to reveal that a product he sells has a problem -- especially knowing that word getting out that he said so on the internet would threaten his relationship with the manufacturer.

MapMaker53 said:
And I still say no retailer is going to reveal that a product he sells has a problem
That's what DJI does. When I asked them if I could buy the larger version 3 GPS shield for my version 2, they said it was not possible because satellite loss is not a problem with the version 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT