If you don't have Litchi with VR googles, GET THEM!!

I just tried out VR on the Litchi app with some 20 dollar goggles (VR box 2.0) I got from Amazon. All I can say, if you don't have a VR setup yet, get it asap. Flying midday is 10x more enjoyable and easy. Got my P3S about 2 months ago and I am kicking myself for not doing this from the very beginning. I am using a Note 4 in the goggles and it works flawlessly. Went out about 7k feet (with DBS mod) with zero glitches and came back. Would have gone further but since it was my first flight with Litchi, I figured I would play it safe. A++++ to Litchi for the VR incorporation.

I just downloaded the app, haven't used it yet. Wanted to ask you about the VR icon, I don't see it. I thought I read in the help section that there was a goggle looking icon to touch to put it in VR mode. Do you need to be connected or in flight to have that option. I have Android.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the app, haven't used it yet. Wanted to ask you about the VR icon, I don't see it. I thought I read in the help section that there was a goggle looking icon to touch to put it in VR mode. Do you need to be connected or in flight to have that option. I have Android.

On iOS (1.9.0), the icon is in the top right corner whether or not one is connected or the camera is on.

EDIT: I just realized you said you have an Android device---sorry!

Attachments

• IMG_0783.PNG
    IMG_0783.PNG
    59.3 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
Does VR work with Android?

I thought the VR component of Litchi was initially launched on Android (it only became available on iOS this week, and I know I've seen people discussing VR with Litchi prior to that...including the OP).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help--I know next to nothing about Android. I'm sure somebody else will chime in soon.

Actually you were helpful as since you showed me the image of what the icon looks like I found it. I just missed it the first time because I thought it had something to do with the camera settings, thanks. Also it's only there when in camera view, not map view. Which make sense.

Wait what?? I can spin my drone my moving my head??? Phantom 3 standard??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wait what?? I can spin my drone my moving my head??? Phantom 3 standard??

And those P3A and P3P owners thought they were the only ones that could have fun with VR. lol

Reactions: ccbdav
Shoot now i just need goggles. I have the view master ones but cannot seem to rig up a usable head strap that doesn't crush the bridge of my nose.

I use VR googles on p3s with litchi and it seems to work fine. However, how do you switch between VR and phone camera when not having any programmable keys?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am going to try this today. Question, how do you take a photo while wearing the goggles??
Connect a Bluetooth mouse or other BT input device like this (works amazingly well with a cell phone):
61MI-6CZAJL._SL1000_.jpg

All this talk about VR goggles has got me WANTING! What do I need? Tried finding a how to on YouTube but not much explanation on how to set it up and exactly what's needed. Any help or links would be appreciated. This is all your guys fault! Lmao

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

For clarification, you don't have to use Drone VR to use the VR goggles with the drone? Using Litchi will work just as well? I am kind of new to all this VR stuff and want to know all the information before I invest in the Samsung VR goggles!

I use VR googles on p3s with litchi and it seems to work fine. However, how do you switch between VR and phone camera when not having any programmable keys?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hope someone has a answer for us both, want to know the same thing. Not sure there will be a way with a standard. The only option I can think of that MAY work is using a BT keyboard/mouse. But even that would be a pain having to hold and use both the controller and a extra device.

So what all would you have to purchase to do this? I have a p3p. Will just downloading the apps and cardboard goggles work or do you have to buy different transmitters and stuff?

So what all would you have to purchase to do this? I have a p3p. Will just downloading the apps and cardboard goggles work or do you have to buy different transmitters and stuff?

A set of VR goggles, a VR app like Litchi, and a cell phone to go in goggles.
Since you have a P3P, there's another way also, more expensive, but maybe better. You could upgrade your USB port on the controler with a HDMI/USB port and buy one of those RV goggles that have a HDMI input, no cell phone needed in that case. As I have a P3S that's not a option for me.

Last edited:
From what I'VE seen so far is, you simply connect your bird to your phone wifi same as always. Then open whatever app your using, lichi or 3d fpv apps. Put your phone in your goggles and fly. Seems simple. Hope I'm right on this info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

A set of VR goggles, a VR app like Litchi, and a cell phone for the goggl

A set of VR goggles, a VR app like Litchi, and a cell phone to go in goggles.
Since you have a P3P, there's another way also, more expensive, but maybe better. You could upgrade your USB port on the controler with a HDMI/USB port and buy one of those RV goggles that have a HDMI input, no cell phone needed in that case. As I have a P3S that's not a option for me.

The HDMI module is better in term of video quality. It has higher resolution and it is a 2nd screen in additional to the tablet connecting to the USB port on PSP. If you use HeadPlay or Goggle one, it is like watching IMAX. But VR goggle using your phone gives you head tracking/gimbal camera control.

For some reason, the picture in Litchi VR mode looks like crap. I enjoy P3S live streaming quality from phone or tablet, but in VR it's just bad.

I use Note 4 for the glasses and picture looks nice without VR. And yes, I enabled the 10 Mb/s quality. Also, tried it out with P4 and similar results.

Paid the very high Litchi price just for FPV purposes, don't find any other use for the app and to be honest I have no idea why people are rating it so high. Astroturfing in its finest?

Last edited:
For some reason, the picture in Litchi VR mode looks like crap. I enjoy P3S live streaming quality from phone or tablet, but in VR it's just bad.

I use Note 4 for the glasses and picture looks nice without VR. And yes, I enabled the 10 Mb/s quality. Also, tried it out with P4 and similar results.

Paid the very high Litchi price just for FPV purposes, don't find any other use for the app and to be honest I have no idea why people are rating it so high. Astroturfing in its finest?
Agree that the VR video quality is not very good because it is splitting the resolution to half. However, it is a better way to fly on Sunny day because you don't have to worry about glare. For the Litchi app, way point is one of the features that I use it. It allows you to plan your flight on your phone or even your computer. You can plan your flight on Mission Hub - Litchi

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20