If you don't have Litchi with VR googles, GET THEM!!

Reaction score
I just tried out VR on the Litchi app with some 20 dollar goggles (VR box 2.0) I got from Amazon. All I can say, if you don't have a VR setup yet, get it asap. Flying midday is 10x more enjoyable and easy. Got my P3S about 2 months ago and I am kicking myself for not doing this from the very beginning. I am using a Note 4 in the goggles and it works flawlessly. Went out about 7k feet (with DBS mod) with zero glitches and came back. Would have gone further but since it was my first flight with Litchi, I figured I would play it safe. A++++ to Litchi for the VR incorporation.

I am going to try this today. Question, how do you take a photo while wearing the goggles??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are making me want to spend, **** you lol

Litchi is 20 bucks. There's an app called Drone VR. That's 9.99 for the standard version. The goggles seem to be pretty inexpensive. Both claim to have the ability for the standard to take pics while flying in VR mode. I have yet to find out how.

Could u explain the DBS mod or maybe some links to youtube ? [emoji4]

There's lots of posts in this forum about the dbs

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just YouTube Phantom 3 standard dbs mod install. There are a ton of videos that walk you through it. Not hard at all and definitely worth it

can you show us pictures? of your setup.

20160620_102601.jpg
20160620_102628.jpg

Nothing too crazy but perfect for what I wanted. Got the ps3 for 400 bucks and the DBS range extender for free. The Inspire 1 mount is a must have for ps3 users, made a huge difference for me. Latest addition is the Polar Pro gimbal guard and lens cover which is arriving today via Amazon. And of course, the VR goggles with Litchi is just too freakin fun. I use a Note 4 to fly with and it works like a charm. I'm in AZ and its been 118+ the past few days so I haven't flown but I am counting down the days until my trip to Iceland.

Attachments

• 20160620_102601.jpg
    20160620_102601.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 991
  • 20160620_102628.jpg
    20160620_102628.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 979
I am going to try this today. Question, how do you take a photo while wearing the goggles??

I don't think you can take photos while in VR mode. If you are using an advance or pro you could because the transmitter has the dedicated buttons but I don't see how it would be possible with the standard. Extremely unfortunate but still worth it to just fly FPV. Also, been messing around with waypoints and have found it to be a lot more fun than expected. Did a one way flight to my brothers house (6.5 mile trip) and had it land itself right in front of his house in his culdesak.

Sweet I have a note 4 and Goggles just haven't tried it yet. Need a new ribbon cable first

CaptRog. I'm in AZ as wetvll. I may have gotten my VR info mixed up. It might have been a different app that allowed photos to be take. While in VR. I'm sure there will be a way soon. sure there will be a way soon

tried a friends, bought a set straight after. :D worth it to get away from the reflections

DroneVR on the AppStore has 'Voice Control' where you can say 'Start Record', 'Stop Record', 'Take Photo' etc...even set the ISO of the camera while in VR mode so it's hands free. SUPER convenient!

That's interesting. Definitely very convenient if it works well. Just downloaded the app from the play store, I'll have to give it a shot and see how it well it works! Thanks for the heads up

I'm not sure if it's just me or if you can't access any voice commands through the trial version. I downloaded the app via playstore and there is no voice command. Seems like a cool app but essentially a stripped down version of litchi.

Litchi VR controls the gimbal only. 3D FPV allows you to turn your phantom with your head too(360 head tracking)

Litchi must of saw your post. Got updated a couple days ago and now does complete 360 head tracking. Absolutely awesome

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. I tried it and it works. Litchi even enable it while the phantom is moving. But I lost signal while in VR mode and was having hard time to fly my bird back because I lost my orientation. I have to initiate RTH to get it back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4