IF YOU ARE PANICKING DURING A MOVE FLYING...

Try reading the manual. (Does anybody read manuals other than me?)

No....You can stop the motors any time, on the ground, or way up. At least that's what the manual for my good olde venerable P2 says. Maybe they've built some additional smarts into newer models that would prevent this problem...I don't actually know.

You cannot shut the motors off while lowering the left stick while in the air only! That only works if it's on the ground... It knows it's on the ground, therefore holding the left stick down for 3 seconds will shut the motors off.

However you can do a CSC down and to the inside on both sticks... If you do that it will shut the motors off regardless of it being in the air or on the ground.

In the OP I believe, he stated he lowered and went in the drink.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I learned the same lesson, also the hard way. I was called in off duty to the firehouse I work at, during the floods in MO last month, I was inspecting a possible leak in the levee from the command post, I lowered to about 40ft, on the other side of a tree (no line of site, big no no) the chief said that was good and he could see what he wanted just fine, but I had to show off and get a little lower. The bird had rotated and I didn't notice because camera was filming straight down. I was drifting a little close to the tree, I thought I was moving it to the right, but went left, into a some branches and then kur-plop, right in the flood water. I had just purchased the P3P, but I didn't have it set up yet, so luckily it was my P2 vision, still a bummer though. A week later a guy from the National Guard stopped by the firehouse, he had found the drone, and reviewed the sd card and saw all the fire apparatus. It was under water appx. 2-3 days, the battery was shot, but with a fresh battery it still lit up, and the camera worked, but wouldn't move, and obviously it wouldn't fly. I might see if it can be fixed for a reasonable price.

Too bad about the lost bird. But it's clear you're good at aerial photography and this hard-learned lesson will only make you better.

I enjoyed your snips. Very relaxing.

Great footage, hope I can get something like that at some point. There's also some awesome driving skills in the cars at 3.42 - wish I could reverse that well.... :wink:

Reactions: ZANCUDOTE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers