IF YOU ARE PANICKING DURING A MOVE FLYING...

Correct you have to be on the ground or stationary for ~3 seconds before the motors shut down. You CAN shut down the motors with one of the CSC positions but that is such a radical stick position I honestly can't see how anyone could do it by accident.

Being new at this, I didn't realize that. So the copter needs to be on the ground for the motors to be stopped...correct? You can not shut them off while in the air with the left stick?

Feel much better now!

THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS REALLY MADE ME FEEL BETTER KNOWING I WAS JUST GREEDY FOR THIS CRAZY SHOT. Im looking to order a new one soon and Ill be back to that Fing bridge and do it right without panicking. Here is some I did before if you guys want to enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Really cool optical illusion around the 2:40 mark. Hovering directly over that domed building. When you started ascending, it appears like the center of the dome is sinking into the middle of the building! Really cool effect!

Reactions: rowdyjim
Very sorry about the loss.

The attached video could be so much better if attention is paid to compression and is that interlacing I see?!?! Make sure your output compression is low (bigger file but better image) and make sure that the video is never converted to interlaced ... how did that happen? Lastly, YouTube re-compresses your video and, in my opinion, they over-compress it which results in blocking and artifacts. Try Vimeo.

I was last nivh doing the best shots ever in downtown Chicago and after I did my shoots and I was super happy, I insisted in doing a pass under the lakeshore drive bridge and the river . I was passing well and for a second I though I was going to crash the bridge and I PANICKED so I pushed down to much and P3P went to the midle of the River at 1:30 am

Just a thought, but is that bridge steel? Or if concrete, it's full of rebar. There could also be electrical conduits on either side or underneath the bridge. Any of those could interfere with your signal.

Is this your bridge?
Lakeshore drawbridge.jpg

Lots of steel and it's probably powered by electricity, not by clockwork slaves and WarBoys.
Lakeshore drawbridge power.jpg

Call me Sherlock for following that clue.
"They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn't find it to be that exactly, but I'll allow as there are some nice folks there. 'Course, I can't say I seen London, and I never been to France, and I ain't never seen no queen in her **** undies, as the fella says."

LebowskiFest Chicago March 2008; Best Group Costume with Best Dude

ChiMar2008BestGroup.jpg

THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS REALLY MADE ME FEEL BETTER KNOWING I WAS JUST GREEDY FOR THIS CRAZY SHOT. Im looking to order a new one soon and Ill be back to that Fing bridge and do it right without panicking. Here is some I did before if you guys want to enjoy

Be careful flying under bridges, though. I lost several satellites when flying mine under an Interstate 5 bridge over a river.

Very sorry about the loss.

The attached video could be so much better if attention is paid to compression and is that interlacing I see?!?! Make sure your output compression is low (bigger file but better image) and make sure that the video is never converted to interlaced ... how did that happen? Lastly, YouTube re-compresses your video and, in my opinion, they over-compress it which results in blocking and artifacts. Try Vimeo.
dhsprogis, Do you have a favorite link or web site that could further help me out on all of that. I like Vimeo much better than Youtube as well.

Very cool shot of the temple going straight up. Almost 3D! I guess you have to be a bit daring to get the good shots, be willing to take the risk of losing the bird and just go for it. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the next one.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1454890446.767848.jpg

Launched off the picnic table 6' from the house. Hit take off. It launched all righty. At full speed it SLAMMED into the house. I grabbed it as it slid down 4' onto the patio. Blade parts flying all over the place. Birds ok. It cut through the siding and insulation. Lucky I still have fingers.
I went to view the data on my 6 second flight. It had NO GPS[emoji23]. I'm lucky. This is how we learn, eh?

I must be going mad, why are people trying to analyse why the Phantom crashed when the OP clearly stated he flew it into the river as a result of panic?

tonyt76
LOL I WISH, is deep 40 feet and is a river so might not be in the same place . I ALMOST DIVE MY SELF LOL

View attachment 43174

Launched off the picnic table 6' from the house. Hit take off. It launched all righty. At full speed it SLAMMED into the house. I grabbed it as it slid down 4' onto the patio. Blade parts flying all over the place. Birds ok. It cut through the siding and insulation. Lucky I still have fingers.
I went to view the data on my 6 second flight. It had NO GPS[emoji23]. I'm lucky. This is how we learn, eh?
Why auto launch?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

tonyt76
LOL I WISH, is deep 40 feet and is a river so might not be in the same place . I ALMOST DIVE MY SELF LOL

Just as an after thought.... You should have your camera where it points all the way up.... Then you can look up to see if your truly close our not. Straight on like that it's hard to tell.

Being new at this, I didn't realize that. So the copter needs to be on the ground for the motors to be stopped...correct? You can not shut them off while in the air with the left stick?

Feel much better now!
Try reading the manual. (Does anybody read manuals other than me?)

No....You can stop the motors any time, on the ground, or way up. At least that's what the manual for my good olde venerable P2 says. Maybe they've built some additional smarts into newer models that would prevent this problem...I don't actually know.

Just a thought, but is that bridge steel? Or if concrete, it's full of rebar. There could also be electrical conduits on either side or underneath the bridge. Any of those could interfere with your signal.

Is this your bridge?View attachment 43064

Lots of steel and it's probably powered by electricity, not by clockwork slaves and WarBoys.
View attachment 43065
Call me Sherlock for following that clue.
"They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn't find it to be that exactly, but I'll allow as there are some nice folks there. 'Course, I can't say I seen London, and I never been to France, and I ain't never seen no queen in her **** undies, as the fella says."

LebowskiFest Chicago March 2008; Best Group Costume with Best Dude

View attachment 43068
I wonder what the guy on the far left was looking at lol,naughty boy!!

While I was awaiting for UPS to deliver my P2 almost two years ago, I got on YouTube and watched some valuable instructions about operating what was then the latest and greatest, the P2. In one of them, the star of the video--an "experienced operator"--handed the controller to his totally green assistant and guided her through her initial flight.

One of his pieces of advice was (paraphrasing), "Altitude (meaning "up") is best option." That is, when you're in trouble, head up, not down. I've used this wise piece of advice several times with success.

This is also gospel for "real pilots." In my general aviation piloting days, I always relaxed considerably when I had 1,000 feet or more between me and the ground on takeoffs and landing approaches. Of course, this doesn't exactly translate to drone operation, but generally I believe you're better off at 20' than 10'. Etc.

Up to a point (pun intended), altitude is your friend when many types of problems arrive. If you can't decide what's happening and what to do, my advice is to go "UP" unless you have a really good reason (like a roof or overhanging tree in the way) not to. When you're over water, it's almost a no-brainer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20