If I Take Off The Top Half Of Shell, Can I Put It Back ON P3A?

Reaction score
I have another thread that is more detailed about the issues, but I thought I would ask a more direct question.

If I take off the top half of the shell of my P3A, can I put that same top half back on? Or will I have to buy a new top half of the shell? Or a whole new (top AND bottom halves) of the shell?

I had a crash and this is what one arm looks like:

dsc01782-jpg.97903

dsc01757-jpg.97900

What I would very much like to do is lift off the top half of the shell, align the tabs and snap it back in place. Is that doable???

Thanks in advance.

Well.....If your going to do all that work.......Gee why not just replace the "top half".......that bent plastic in the arm is going to be a weak point ! and would never look right .

Reactions: Just Mark
The Mods here don't like multiple threads opened about the same problem...by the same person so you might get asked ! Pass me a few slices of the Red Baron pizza and a ICE COLD POP !

If I take off the top half of the shell of my P3A, can I put that same top half back on?
Yes.

You can also buy a new top half (since yours is damaged) and put it on your existing bottom half. If you decide to go that route, you can purchase just the top half here on Amazon.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Will the one you linked to fit the Phantom 3 Advanced? It says it is a Phantom 4 top shell...
No. See my updated links above.

Reactions: Phantom Pirate
Those shell prices seem a little high. I had to send mine into DJI for repair and they charged me $3 for the upper shell and $8 for the lower shell. Of course there was labor and a bunch of other parts they replaced but it sure doesn't compare to what Amazon or eBay is selling them for. Have you checked prices at DJI for the shell costs? Might be cheaper.

Those shell prices seem a little high. I had to send mine into DJI for repair and they charged me $3 for the upper shell and $8 for the lower shell. Of course there was labor and a bunch of other parts they replaced but it sure doesn't compare to what Amazon or eBay is selling them for. Have you checked prices at DJI for the shell costs? Might be cheaper.

Thank you for the note. No, I had not checked it prior to you asking.

I just checked the DJI store website and they sell an official shell with landing gear for $59, but it is designated as being for the Phantom 3 STANDARD, not the advanced :(

Buy Phantom 3 Shell (Sta)

Is there a specific part number for the shell for the phantom 3 advanced?

Is there a specific part number for the shell for the phantom 3 advanced?
DJI does not sell Phantom 3 Advanced shells. You'd have to send your Phantom into DJI and let them repair it. Just paying to ship your Phantom to DJI will likely cost more than the top shell I linked above.

DJI does not sell Phantom 3 Advanced shells. You'd have to send your Phantom into DJI and let them repair it. Just paying to ship your Phantom to DJI will likely cost more than the top shell I linked above.

Thanks. I am going to need a bottom shell as well.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic