If DJI would listening, what would you ask them to change on

Reaction score
As the title says, what would you ask them to change?

1: change firmware to avoid a motor shut down after a few seconds with left stick pulled back in mid air.
2: change firmware so the the drone actually remains on the ground once landed and motors still running.....mine starts to lift up gradually or rather bumpy after a few seconds.
3: create a proper manual in proper English.
4: come up with some other way of displaying the drones status....it is very hard for color blind guys like me to actually see and differentiate the colors of the LEDs.
5: add some sort of battery level indicator of the P2 into the RC
6: send the gimbal with a tool-free quick release, same for the u bracket holding the camera.

What would you ask.....besides.....fix the flay away issues, bad soldering, improve customer service etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: If DJI would listening, what would you ask them to chang

The videos are great. I think a better manual is in order. I almost sent my P1 back because it wouldn't connect when I first took it out of the box. I couldn't get it started (newbie to RC) - which had me just about to box it up and send it back. Many things that could have been solved with a proper manual. Dependence on forums like this is not the way this should work. The Phantom is becoming more mainstream so a better consumer introduction is needed.

Smoother gimbal control. A nice ramp up/down (gradual slow to stop) with finer control....

Re: If DJI would listen, what would you ask them to change o

#6 for sure!

It's own personal GPS tracker in case of failure.

That is all.

Miniflexalex said:

1: change firmware to avoid a motor shut down after a few seconds with left stick pulled back in mid air.
2: change firmware so the the drone actually remains on the ground once landed and motors still running.....mine starts to lift up gradually or rather bumpy after a few seconds.
4: come up with some other way of displaying the drones status....it is very hard for color blind guys like me to actually see and differentiate the colors of the LEDs.
6: send the gimbal with a tool-free quick release, same for the u bracket holding the camera.

#2. Is your transmitter calibrated correctly?
#4. What would you suggest? I don't think there's any other practical way that can work for such long distance, on such low energy requirement and does not interfere with the public\other people.
Or just get iOSD mini + FPV.
#5: use iOSD

Build a Tx with FPV built in -

Attachments

• Hubsanh301f4.jpg
    Hubsanh301f4.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 801

Simple things they can do right now:
- Clear documentation that shows all the "if...then" logic for each mode, each flight condition, each setting.
- Products available for purchase directly from DJI on Amazon!
- Be active in the forums.
- Commit to supporting customers.

Relatively simple enhancements they can do in firmware:
- Better OSD display with more information and data options.
- Better logic to detect GPS jumps.
- Better logic to detect compass interference.
- Geo-fencing, altitude ceiling, ground station, all the regular Naza M v2 functions.
- Audible status on startup indicating RTH readiness.

Stuff they can do in future hardware:
- Better shielding for the compass.
- A better GPS receiver.
- One small tri-color status LED on the top.
- OSD telemetry modulated onto FPV L+R audio channels and an app to display/record it in real-time.
- Bulletproof radio control that detects and gracefully handles decaying SNR, saturated radio bands, etc.

How about option to convert OSD units from meters to feet?

Love the audible rth idea. Holding the hand under the phantom to discern color indicator status is rudimentary.

Rssi info on rc tx would be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All of these post are very reasonable and "right-on", BUT - Now you are talking a Phantom at about twice the price we have just paid.

Just my 2 cents.
Think Spring!

PUT LIGHTS ON THE TOP!!!!!!!
When I'm getting ready to fly, I have a nightmare on sunny days seeing the lights.
I end up with my hand under the p2 to try and see the lights - either that or kneeling on dirty ground trying to see.

1. mini iosd installed inside.
2. nothing external to tape or velcro to quad, other than the camera and gimbal.
3. Wider and taller landing gear.

Ravecreative said:
PUT LIGHTS ON THE TOP!!!!!!!
When I'm getting ready to fly, I have a nightmare on sunny days seeing the lights.
I end up with my hand under the p2 to try and see the lights - either that or kneeling on dirty ground trying to see.

I do the same thing w my hand. Pain in the butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravecreative said:

Not related to the topic of this thread, but I found a small plastic-backed mirror that I place on the ground under my P2 so I can see the lights without kneeling :)

Genius !!!!!!!!!!

i'm having that - thanks for point out the most obvious solution in the world - ha ha ha

i've got tons of mirror too at work - cant believe i didnt think of that

:)

Taped some foil on my case...I use the case as a launching pad of sorts. I also don't have to bend as far over to pick it up when it's time to do "the dance"...FWIW...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

skeeter said:
Taped some foil on my case...I use the case as a launching pad of sorts. I also don't have to bend as far over to pick it up when it's time to do "the dance"...FWIW...

would the foil muck up the compass ? sounds like a good idea but ..

hotstink626 said:
skeeter said:

would the foil muck up the compass ? sounds like a good idea but ..

Since it's not ferro magnetic, I should hope not....well, it hasn't so far..

I'm amazed no one has suggested cheaper P2 batteries . I appreciate that they have a lot within them but surely they can do something on the price

The reason DJI batteries are so expensive is purely on DJI's side. They are just li-po cells with a built-on protection circuit and switch, along with some other fancy interfacing hardware. By making a proprietary battery, now DJI gets all profits from battery sales instead of people buying cheaper third-party batteries. A good business decision? Well, probably, because we all want more flight time, and until someone takes the time to rig up some third party cells, we will all be buying the expensive DJI batteries.

On another subject, speaking of the Phantom 2 LED lights and being unable to see them in daylight, In another thread I suggested using some tape, cardboard and aluminum foil as a cheap, light weight, quick fix that can stay mounted to the quadcopter. Of course the visual aesthetics and structural support depend on how well you make your fancy new cardboard refectors.

LeoS said:
Miniflexalex said:

#2. Is your transmitter calibrated correctly?
#4. What would you suggest? I don't think there's any other practical way that can work for such long distance, on such low energy requirement and does not interfere with the public\other people.
Or just get iOSD mini + FPV.
#5: use iOSD

Easy for #4. Change the colors to blue and yellow. We color-blind guys (most) don't see red and green well. Going between yellow and green is brutal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31