If a largish drone gets near a wall does it create a low pressure region adjacent to the wall?

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120647

I sometimes fly in my garden and I have noticed that if the drone, Phantom 3 in my case, gets 'close' to the house wall it seems to want to move towards the wall. Of course it could be Mr Murphy but I was just wondering if it could create such a low pressure region? Obviously getting away from the wall is a good idea.

I sometimes fly in my garden and I have noticed that if the drone, Phantom 3 in my case, gets 'close' to the house wall it seems to want to move towards the wall. Of course it could be Mr Murphy but I was just wondering if it could create such a low pressure region? Obviously getting away from the wall is a good idea.
Maybe ... but loss of GPS could also be a factor (which you could confirm from flight data).
Flying close to any obstacle is always risky.

Ta, I generally try to stay away from the wall but it does occasionally happen, if I get another instance and I 'can think on' I'll have a look at the logs.

My drones have a tendency to drift toward my truck. It has been confirmed magnetic interference. Possibly an issue at your location too.

Ah, in the house about the area there is a metal bed frame upright against the wall I think. I will have a look and see if a drone complains when indoors near it. Ta

Ah, in the house about the area there is a metal bed frame upright against the wall I think. I will have a look and see if a drone complains when indoors near it. Ta
The problem might not show up in Atti mode indoors. You might want to see if a compass needle moves slightly when in that area outside. Not always necessary for interference but would show if it was truly magnetic. Ferrous metal alone can cause problems. Anyways have fun and stay away from the wall. ?

There could be a low pressure created. The downward flow of air from the aircraft is hitting the ground and spreading out. Some of that laterally moving air could be forced up the wall. That upward counterflow would be a low pressure that could cause the aircraft to move toward it (toward the wall).

Reactions: Capt KO
There could be a low pressure created. The downward flow of air from the aircraft is hitting the ground and spreading out. Some of that laterally moving air could be forced up the wall. That upward counterflow would be a low pressure that could cause the aircraft to move toward it (toward the wall).
Correct!
Higher air speed on one side produces lower pressure and the drone moves in that direction. This is the basic aerodynamic principle which enables all wing aircraft to fly.

Reactions: Capt KO
Yes, but nothing to do with magnetic influence.
Take two sheets of paper between two fingers of both hands.
Place them parallel 1cm to each other and blow between them. The paper sheets will move closer to each other. Does it seem paradoxical?
You can apply this to the wall and the drone where each of them represent one sheet of paper.

PhiliusFoggg guessed it right in his description. But the magnets were sorta Supernatural! Drone eating walls, windows, floors ? Used to just be trees, good old days ? Turn on OA be happy ? be safe

There is always low pressure on the "top" of the propellers. This principle is what creates lift for all wings, rotating or stationary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31