IDE show was a bust. LA Conv Ctr Dec 9th & 10th.

Reaction score
I went to the IDE show today and was quickly disappointed. DJI wasn't there. DJI was clearly in the website exhibitor list, and they are printed as an exhibitor in the program, and they were there last year, I know this because I was there. But no DJI this year. That's the last time I'll go to that show. It was smaller than last year, so it moved from the West hall to a smaller room in the South hall. There were very few brand names exhibiting that I recognized. They had drone racing this year for the first time that took up about 25% of the hall, and the race I saw was pretty boring. I feel that I got $45 ($30 admission and $15 parking) lifted from my wallet, not to mention wasting my time driving an hour there and an hour back home. The organizer clearly mislead their customers with false advertising.

Last edited:
I went yesterday and was also surprised that DJI bailed as did Yuneec, 3DR Robotics, and GoPro too. Many vendors just had tables with flyers. Samys did well though, but they were a heavy sponsor too and had 5 guys working it. Poor B&H Photo had one guy and I got the impression he may be a regional sales guy who works a lot of these functions as a hire-out.

Likely DJI may have not wanted to take the flak for delays in Mavic, P4 Pro IMU issues, Inspire 1 guys mad about new 2 cameras not compatible with their 1, closed-door repair shop policy, hardware and software issues, angry warranty denied matters over 3rd party apps, etc. "We know nothing!" They'd probably need a case of Jim Beam to make it through the event. They like to play hide and seek enough as it is.

Least I got what I needed to know about the Epson GT-300 glasses and tried them and their operation and had my followup questions answered by Eric and Anna so it was eventful for me. I'd hate to try and buy those $799 things based on someone else's review as it is sort of personal and subjective. Often when someone reviews and says "These are great!" I'm like "Really??"

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I went yesterday and was also surprised that DJI bailed as did Yuneec, 3DR Robotics, and GoPro too. Many vendors just had tables with flyers. Samys did well though, but they were a heavy sponsor too and had 5 guys working it. Poor B&H Photo had one guy and I got the impression he may be a regional sales guy who works a lot of these functions as a hire-out.

Likely DJI may have not wanted to take the flak for delays in Mavic, P4 Pro IMU issues, Inspire 1 guys mad about new 2 cameras not compatible with their 1, closed-door repair shop policy, hardware and software issues, angry warranty denied matters over 3rd party apps, etc. "We know nothing!" They'd probably need a case of Jim Beam to make it through the event. They like to play hide and seek enough as it is.

Least I got what I needed to know about the Epson GT-300 glasses and tried them and their operation and had my followup questions answered by Eric and Anna so it was eventful for me. I'd hate to try and buy those $799 things based on someone else's review as it is sort of personal and subjective. Often when someone reviews and says "These are great!" I'm like "Really??"
3D Robotics went out of business.

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic