Icarus for Phantom 3S

Can Icarus be used with the apple iPad?

No ... you have to 'operate' Icarus with an Android, but once its done the modification to power levels - you can use whatever tablet / phone you like ... ipad, android ... your choice.

Nigel

Thank you for your prompt response. Last question, is it possible to use a PC for this download and install?

Only if you run an Android sim program ... but why ? the whole point was to not use a PC and have it on the actual tablet / phone you use.

If you want a PC based power app ... then maybe Magic Power 5 will suit you better ?

Nigel

For 5 bucks, I'll give it a shot. I cannot get out more than a couple hundred feet in a wide open field with no interference before getting RC & video disconnects.

So made the changes to 27, went out got sat lock and this is how far I got. :)

F 01m 44s 55.4 ft 39 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 63.5 seconds
G 01m 44s 55.4 ft 39 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoLanding
H 01m 44s 55.4 ft 39 ft Warning Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home

I never got signal back on it - it ran the RTH and landed.

Man, that is really bad. You could throw a rock farther than that. I am upset that I can only get out to 1500 feet.

No sir I just have an iPad ,iPhone and a PC. I think the Icarus app is totally the way to go. I was trying to find a way around buying / borrowing an android system.

Paul - if you don't have an android - then Icarus is not for you. Suggest you go the Magic Power route.

Nigel

Hayjack19, Can you please repost the P3S specs with the 2.4 not covered. I would like to print this and put it with my P3S info. Thanks Much.

I don't have the specs any more. I have already deleted that pic. Google should turn it up for you though. Sorry.

I just got icarus for my ps3 standard and from what I am reading here you set the RC and AC to 27 click apply and done.Is 27(dbm) the safe limit to use and over is not recommended.Any thoughts.....

I was unsure of exactly what the "Limit/Fixed" option of Icarus for P3S did so I asked the author of the app. He answered within the hour.

"Dear ....etc.
thank you for your interest in our software and for your appreciation.

The difference is that Fixed set TxPower to a constant value whereas Limit use some logic to check if the output power could be lowered in order to reduce battery load. The effectiveness of the "Limit" setting, however, has not been fully proved on the Phantom 3S hardware/software implementation. Thank you for your suggestion, we will try to explain it better in the app notes.

For what concerns the 5.8 GHz strength we are looking into that; we expect to have some results in the forthcoming months.

Best Regards, Icarus Software Online support staff "

As you can see from, "The effectiveness of the "Limit" setting, however, has not been fully proved on the Phantom 3S hardware/software implementation." the author is a no BS type guy.
I hope he does manage to provide software for the 5.8GHz signal to bring it up to the level you FCC guys enjoy for us CE types. The craft can obviously cope with that increase.
Thanks for the link. Appreciated.
Happy flying...

I read that it works with new firmware 1.9.2.0. Is it confirmed that works?
If yes, I have to revert back to default settings in Icarus app before the upgrade or it is not necessary?
Thanks.

I checked it right now but the patch cannot be applied on AC. Only on RC. Any idea?
Thanks

I tried changing the wifi channel 13 and it works. However after turning off the RC, it reset back to channel 2. Is it supposed to be non permanent and need to be set every time before flight?

EDIT: Well, i tried with watchlog.sh -ch 13 save and it seems to take the command, but upon restarting the RC, it does not seem to take effect.
Hi, it goes like that. The channel you choose stays until you reboot...it is a "feature" of the app....

I checked it right now but the patch cannot be applied on AC. Only on RC. Any idea?
Thanks

Make sure to enable Telnet. I used Icarus on my P3S with the 1.09.02 firmware and the first time I tried I did not select Telnet, and it failed. Enabling Telnet did the trick for me.

Reactions: drakman
Thanks for your reply.
The telnet was enabled. I revert back to factory defaults because I was scarry with the warning messages from Icarus..

Thanks for your reply.
The telnet was enabled. I revert back to factory defaults because I was scarry with the warning messages from Icarus..

Mmmm... I don't know, then. Try one more time: do the connection test first to make sure everything is fine, then try to run it with the Telnet option enabled. If it fails the first time, try a second time. I also suggest you go for "fixed" power, not "limit" (there's an option in the menu to toggle between these two modes). If it doesn't work, revert back to stock and reach out to the Icarus guys.

Reactions: drakman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues