Standard I want to downgrade firmware but not able

SBS

Reaction score
I want to downgrade my firmware version on my phantom 3 standard, it has the latest, everytime i try it tells me that there is "no available firmware for downgrade"

I have searched on how to find the last firmware version but to no avail, my current version is 1.6.80

The reason i want to downgrade is because i have just installed a range extender but somehow now only getting about 100meters range, even if i reinstall the original parts and aerial, i still get the same. when i bought the drone i at least got about 250 meters?

can anyone help.

disappointed and despondent

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
You say extender...what are you using ? If you have went into your TX you might have a cable issue . Like one if the snap connecters isn't right or you have a bad cable .
Some I see are having distance issues with this update and I just did it 2 day's ago and have an Itelite panel on mine and tried a run here yesterday
and went over 15,000' under 200'
Are you in CE mode , Are you flying where there is a lot of noise like in town . Are you sure you are aiming correctly .
Nevermind on the CE mode .You speak of meters so you must be .

SBS

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, i am flying in a nature reserve open spaces , no onstructions, same place as when i flew the first time and got one 200 meters.

I installed the Argtek extender and followed all the instructions and watched you tube videos before i did the mode.

i have adjusted the panels and antennas in so many different ways i seem to just keep having this problem.
Its sometimes cuts out at 30 meters sometimes 70/80meters, the rc strength indicator on the app is full then just drops down very quickly...

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
OK SBS you sound like you have a clean place to test . That antenna you have just from reading all the threads here since it came out
I see a lot of folks with the same issue .Can't really comment on it other than from trying those types of panels on my P2V before I went other ways I never had any luck .Some have great luck with that and seems more don't . I'm still not convinced this distance issue with the Standard isn't
from different runs of the TX .
Might not affect you but from watching Dirty Bum using a tripod I have started just sitting on a 5 gal bucket leaning against my truck with the TX in my lap to hold it dead steady and I have seen better signal out . I also just watch my signal bars and adjust the antenna by that .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newrealdoll