I want a weather station setup

Yeah, it seems to cover the basic stuff in a compact, cable-less package. The additional software isn't to bad at $50. I suppose and there was some sort of trial demo.
I sure hope Porky see's the post and leaves work early to answer us. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you want that here in the weather thread Mad? Seems like it was meant for the meandering thread IflyinWY started may cost ago.

EDIT - I fixed it for ya! ;)

Last edited:
well... we did sidetrack to talk about the cow and I remembered that finding about the 'roos...... :D

back to the normally scheduled weather channel...

Reactions: dirkclod
Great, another thread I have to follow. If Dirk is around trouble will soon follow, that and that Clampit fellow.

Speaking of Porky... any opinions on 'Ambient Weather' products (they sell Davis too)? I see a very affordable model, WS-2095, whats your opinion?. http://www.ambientweather.com/amws2090.html
I see Mac users need a program called 'WeatherSnoop' to connect to it, Windows based PC's connect without additional software.

Hi TJ,
Looks like a nice piece of kit & yeah not a bad price. Ambient weather products are good plus they'll not sell ya crap.

I PM'ed dirk with some weather links & this was one of them;) I don't know anything about the model WS-2090 but if you search the net about it you should get all your answers;)

Also try this site out.. https://www.scaledinstruments.com/discount-price-list/
This site sells mainly Davis products & is very respectable with there price on all products. It's a US site so no overseas shipment costs for ya;)
I get all my weather stuff from them, much cheaper than getting it here in the UK.

Thanks Porky! I figured if I liked it enough I may drop the 500 bones on a Davis and keep the Ambient Weather at camp. Why don't they make a solar option to power the sensors? Seems logical to me.

Blimey nc
That's was a long read,.........;) Took me even longer to shorten it down to get it on here...:D

Last edited:
Thanks Porky! I figured if I liked it enough I may drop the 500 bones on a Davis and keep the Ambient Weather at camp. Why don't they make a solar option to power the sensors? Seems logical to me.

TJ, they do;) the Davis repeaters & weather stations are solar powered with a small battery just as a backup. image.jpg Andimage.jpg

I change three small batteries one a year in the winter when the sun is looooow.....;)

Blimey nc
That's was a long read,.........;) Took me even longer to shorten it down to get it on here...:D
Did look like a long read Porky but didn't read it .
Can't ya see as much time as I stay here worrying TJ and Slinger I don't have time for any other site's ;)

Last edited:
Hi TJ,
Looks like a nice piece of kit & yeah not a bad price. Ambient weather products are good plus they'll not sell ya crap.

I PM'ed dirk with some weather links & this was one of them;) I don't know anything about the model WS-2090 but if you search the net about it you should get all your answers;)

Also try this site out.. https://www.scaledinstruments.com/discount-price-list/
This site sells mainly Davis products & is very respectable with there price on all products. It's a US site so no overseas shipment costs for ya;)
I get all my weather stuff from them, much cheaper than getting it here in the UK.

So ya think it is worth the price? I don't want to flush my money down the crapper on a toy faux weather station. LOL! :D

Did look like a long read Porky but didn't read it and not really even sure Mad thinks I like room's I've never seen till he posted that !
Can't ya see as much time as I stay here worrying TJ and Slinger I don't have time for any other site's ;)
Was it 'rooms' or 'roos'? I changed it to 'roos' when I was editing it but maybe I had it wrong? I just figured you with your too fetish and all. ;)

Was it 'rooms' or 'roos'? I changed it to 'roos' when I was editing it but maybe I had it wrong? I just figured you with your too fetish and all. ;)
blank stare.png
.... Birds bro ! o_O..;)

Who the heck is it that post all the Roo's? Is it Ifly? Someone is doing it! I think I'm loosing it! Thank goodness it's almost 5 pm!

Who the heck is it that post all the Roo's? Is it Ifly? Someone is doing it! I think I'm loosing it! Thank goodness it's almost 5 pm!
I hear ya !! Ya not losing it bro just wore out from all that back mess !!
Me gonna have one of those similar to porky to feed to the Tupelo weather station as we don't have nothing here . Not as much
as he has but as bad as it get's here I think it would be helpful and besides ...They air me picture's :D

So ya think it is worth the price? I don't want to flush my money down the crapper on a toy faux weather station. LOL! :D

I don't think its a bad price but can't comment on if it's any good or not.

I know Davis equipment can be pricey but you only get what you pay for.
I've had mine for nine years & the only thing that screwed up was a small pcb board that cost me $16 from the site I mentioned in my last post.;)

Oh... TJ it's 5:00 somewhere :D

Guys, off to bed now;)

I'll answer all your questions tomorrow, keep firing them at me;)

zZZZZZzzzzzz

Reactions: Clampit
Heres a great price on the Davis but it will cost a bit more to get the data online without your input. I am looking for one with a 'bridge' so it is seamless. It has some nice features. http://www.ambientweather.com/dain62vavuew.html

I'll get you for this Porky! When I buy something I research the hell outta whatever it is, socks, I don't care, so guess who hasn't got much work done lately. :rolleyes:

Heres a great price on the Davis but it will cost a bit more to get the data online without your input. I am looking for one with a 'bridge' so it is seamless. It has some nice features. http://www.ambientweather.com/dain62vavuew.html

I'll get you for this Porky! When I buy something I research the hell outta whatever it is, socks, I don't care, so guess who hasn't got much work done lately. :rolleyes:

Thanks for doing this TJ - as if it wasn't you it would be me.... On this item, I'll be watching your progress and lead.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers