I want a weather station setup

Sorry can't see it via my iPad :(

Reactions: dirkclod
I also have the Davis Vantage Pro2 wireless weather station. Works great and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality unit. Here's a link to my weather station website. NEK Island Pond, VT Weather & Webcam | Live webcam and weather station in Island Pond VT
Nice one @ckf . Been into the weather for years, what a saddo I am:D it's nice to see another person with the same interest, I must admit this thread is looooooong but I don't know if you've seem my setup at the beginning?

I think a few people here have now got stations but there's one person here that needs to get one, don't you ****:p one day, yeah;)

Reactions: ckf
Nice one @ckf . Been into the weather for years, what a saddo I am:D it's nice to see another person with the same interest, I must admit this thread is looooooong but I don't know if you've seem my setup at the beginning?

I think a few people here have now got stations but there's one person here that needs to get one, don't you ****:p one day, yeah;)
Nice looking website! I have tried to use the weather display software that you are using in the past but didn't have much luck figuring it out. I'm more comfortable with Ambient Weather's VWS software. My original computer that I was using for the weather station died over the summer and I lost my custom weather setup that I uploaded to my website. I need to set it up on the new computer so I can show more data on my website.

Reactions: Clampit
Nice looking website! I have tried to use the weather display software that you are using in the past but didn't have much luck figuring it out. I'm more comfortable with Ambient Weather's VWS software. My original computer that I was using for the weather station died over the summer and I lost my custom weather setup that I uploaded to my website. I need to set it up on the new computer so I can show more data on my website.

Know what you mean about Weather Display;) took me ages to get my head around it. They did have a forum which helped me out, did you use the forum at all?

There's so much software out now, wasn't when I 1st started so I stuck with WD & just got used to it.

Know what you mean about Weather Display;) took me ages to get my head around it. They did have a forum which helped me out, did you use the forum at all?

There's so much software out now, wasn't when I 1st started so I stuck with WD & just got used to it.
I did use their forum at the time to try to figure it out. I just gave up and went back to what I was familiar with.

Yep I know what you mean;) I didn't have much choice.... Liked some of the stuff that WD could do plus how it integrated well with other programs.

I host my website myself so all I do now is keep a good eye on my server, yep that does crash from time to time but I sort it out instead of relying on a 3rd party;)

Got your site saved in my favourites;) just looked at your web cam, is that just under 12in of snow?

My biggest gripe over the remote reading home stations is their slow update rate. I miss my Heathkit ID4001 from the early 80s. Wind speed and direction in real time. Sure I could spend several $K for an ultrasonic anemometer sender and indoor display, etc. The ID5001 was incredible for the $ and I understand another company is selling them for $1700. Which is still, IMHO if you need it, worth it!

My biggest gripe over the remote reading home stations is their slow update rate. I miss my Heathkit ID4001 from the early 80s. Wind speed and direction in real time. Sure I could spend several $K for an ultrasonic anemometer sender and indoor display, etc. The ID5001 was incredible for the $ and I understand another company is selling them for $1700. Which is still, IMHO if you need it, worth it!

Still happy with my Davis VP2+ with 24 hour FARs, very accurate & reliable. It' what the met office use over here in the UK;)

PORKY! How ya doing!

I am still loving my Davis Vue, loads of features, not real high priced and quick update times... seconds. :)

Still happy with my Davis VP2+ with 24 hour FARs, very accurate & reliable. It' what the met office use over here in the UK;)

I think this weather station in South Wales could be one of the met office units. It's a bit small, but I can't think whoever else would have permission to erect it here. I suppose it could be something to do with Cardiff airport, as it is exactly 10Km from and in direct line with the main runway, but I can't see how it would be of any benefit to aircraft. It also has a cable connected to the telephone post behind it in the image below.weather-station.jpg

weather-station1.jpg

PORKY! How ya doing!

I am still loving my Davis Vue, loads of features, not real high priced and quick update times... seconds. :)

All fine my end TJ;) nice to be back & scanning the forum again:) New job which is very demanding at the mo hence why I haven't been around much but I'm back......:D

Glad your still enjoying your Davis Vue;)

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
I think this weather station in South Wales could be one of the met office units. It's a bit small, but I can't think whoever else would have permission to erect it here. I suppose it could be something to do with Cardiff airport, as it is exactly 10Km from and in direct line with the main runway, but I can't see how it would be of any benefit to aircraft. It also has a cable connected to the telephone post behind it in the image below.View attachment 50811

View attachment 50812

Yep I've seen these weather stations around also, we have one just down the road from me. They could be Metar stations, think they are dotted all over the UK.

Looks like the weather here in the UK is taking another nose dive in the day or so, what the hells happening to our weather.... More cold air coming from the north.

Looks like I'll not be flying this weekend, what a bummer:( every time I get a couple of days off the weathers puts a spanner in the works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers